1,190 results
All reviewsroad noisesmall kitchenetteroom was cleanwaffleskitchen areahot itemsqueen bedstay there againhot breakfastcoffee makerfree breakfastfront desk stafffirst floorconvenient locationcookiesgreat place to stayvery nice hotel
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The property is located inside a triangle with roads on all three sides. Two road are very busy highways. The place has almost no character or color on the outside. The interior is nice. The first thing we noticed was the very large breakfast room. They need it because the hotel is very large.
Breakfast was one of the best we have had anywhere. We loved the room because of the layout the air conditioner does not blow across the beds like they do on almost every hotel we stay in. The bed was very comfortable. It was a little dated but we would stay there again one because of the room layout and the reasonable price compared to other similar hotels in the area. Because of the busy highway there are four pane of glass on the windows. They have the original two pane insulated glass and then another double pane outside of that. The front desk people we quite nice. Be careful leaving the property because it is difficult to see traffic coming from the left.

Room Tip: It can be a little difficult to find.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry-retired
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed for one night after a day at Dutch Wonderland a mile or so up the road. We had stayed in other suite hotels on this trip--TownePlace Suites and Homewood Suites--and this property suffers by comparison, despite it being a decent value for the $98 we paid.
First off, I'll echo the comments about road noise. You can hear the 18-wheelers down shifting and braking as Lincoln Highway and Route 30 split, due to the odd location of this place. Not a deal breaker, but annoying. There should be better-insulated windows.
Overall, our room was in need of updating. It was adequate for what it was, two beds, a chair and ottoman and small desk, along with a small fridge. But it was indifferently decorated. Some of the furniture was chipped and worn, and the TV was old, with a fairly skimpy selection of channels.
The lowlight of the stay was a drunken man in the room next door who was going on a rampage through the halls at 3 in the morning, with his companion trying to calm him down. The cops were called, but they left empty-handed after determining he was merely obnoxious and not a criminal. When I inquired about this the next day at the desk and asked why he wasn't booted from the hotel, I was told "We like to give our guests a second chance," as if this was somewhat routine there. I was given a curt "Sorry" and no further effort to make amends for my inconvenience--it took an hour-and-a-half to get back to sleep on a day when I had to drive nearly 200 miles.
The included breakfast was pretty basic--the standard issue egg discs and sausage patties were the hot items (you could also make waffles).
Suffice to say, there are many options in the Lancaster area, and there are undoubtedly better ones than this property. They could have done better. They chose not to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank murrayhill
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed for memorial day weekend 2012. upon arriving I noticed stained windows and siding and i thought to myself this was going to be a disaster... the price we paid for the room was average $90.00 a night. Rooms were VERY clean and the beds very comfortable. They had free continental breakfast which was ok... I was very impressed with the staff, very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank polo221
Reviewed April 22, 2012

OK - MY mistake - booked this hotel thru Expedia. When I filled out the request to accommodate 2 adults and a 17 year old "child" I made the mistaken assumption that the name if the hotel being "suites" it would have more than 1 room in the "suite". We were given the minimum requirement of a single room with a queen bed and a fold out love seat for approx $85/night. The staff said they couldn't upgrade us due to being sold out that night but we were told that for an additional charge of $10 we could get a room with 2 beds the following night. House keeping followed up with sheets and the offer of a mattress for the love seat - apparently there wasn't one already in place (they left the sheets and said they were unable to provide any more pillows or blankets). The teen-ager was really upset and opted to attempt to sleep on our room's floor - 1/2 way thru the night I gave up my 1/2 of the bed and attempted to sleep on the loveseat - without unfolding it. The next morning we were all miserable. I went to the main desk and asked for the previously mentioned upgrade for that night for $10 more - the girl at the desk informed me that the upgrade was $40 and the young man who had promised $10 was just an "intern". We were very unhappy. This was not a $120/night hotel by any stretch of the imagination. Attempts to make the clerk understand how unhappy we were - hoping for a compromise on the price - made her VERY angry. She was obviously young and inexperienced in dealing with unhappy customers. Rather than just apologizing OR trying to keep a happy customer she became very argumentative, visibly upset and angry. She stood by her contention that I had made the reservation through Expedia so it was not her problem to "fix" anything. She indicated by her words and her attitude that it was a "3rd party deal" that left the hotel with absolutely no responsibility to me or my comfort. I informed her that I am a blogger and her unwillingness to try to meet us 1/2 way would be noted. She acted as if she might come over the desk at me. I asked if she had a manager and she said they were not there. I told her that I have experience as a business owner and that she really needed to calm herself down when dealing with customers. She wouldn't stop arguing and trying to have the last word. This could have been handled SO differently. I see Expedia as the hotel's PARTNER and the hotel still has their name and reputation on the line. The situation could have been handled so much better by an experienced clerk. I would have been happy with a sincere apology and an "Oh, nooooo, I'm very sorry but the rate is $40 more per night - that was a mistake. Maybe I could show you the bigger room first to show you it's worth it?" I would have been ecstatic if she had left the charge at the additional $10. Knowing they had empty rooms that night - would it really have made a difference? She would have only lost $30 and I would have been glowing at her readiness to compromise. Over all, the hotel was clean but it is VERY close to a main road that is really loud at night with a lot of truck traffic. There is no pool but when we were checking out I noticed a fitness room. My husband and son liked the breakfast items provided by the hotel but I didn't have a chance to try them. We got the larger room for the additional $42 charge the 2nd night and really - I did not sleep any better due to the stress of the situation and knowing I would have to face her again during the morning check out. Final verdict - you can get a lot more room for the same money in the greater Lancaster area. Don't go here first.

Room Tip: See your accommodations first and be sure to speak up right away if you don't like them. Rooms in the front are very noisy at night with street traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HartfordWoman
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed for one night on a weekend in Jan. 2011, after a snowstorm. Wanted a night away with my boyfriend, and we both live an hour away in Philly suburbs. This was an affordable option for what we wanted -- privacy, some time alone, and not much sightseeing (it was January, after all).

It's tucked next to the bypass as you get off the ramp, though everything seems much more secluded once you're inside. We arrived early because it was supposed to snow later that day, and we were allowed to check in. Lincoln Highway is peppered with shopping centers and fast food places, and Dutch Wonderland is about 15 to 20 minute s by car down the road, if I remember right.

Ate a fantastic meal at Diener's, about 30 minute drive straight down the highway, and it's now our go-to Amish buffet when we're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011