1,190 results
All reviewsroad noisesmall kitchenetteroom was cleanwaffleskitchen areahot itemsqueen bedstay there againhot breakfastcoffee makerfree breakfastfront desk stafffirst floorconvenient locationcookiesgreat place to stayvery nice hotel
Reviewed February 7, 2012

After shopping around for a hotel that offers a good deal, I settled with the Hawthorne Suites. First thing I noticed about this hotel was its location (Right off the exit, and right beside the overpass) this location made it difficult to see the hotels sign until you are directly beside it which poses a traffic problem. The hotel was located just a few miles from the outlet stores in the area (very convenient). Checking in was done in 2 minutes (prior reservation). The room was spacious, clean and smelled good, however, the room that I stayed in (facing the parking lot) was noisy at night due to the noise from the passing traffic which made it somewhat harder to fall asleep (Noise reduction wall should be constructed) I have stayed in several hotels before and I have to say this one had one of the most comfortable beds and blankets.
There is one more issue that I thought was great but should have been handled differently. Upon spending the night out, I returned to the hotel after the main doors were secured (11:00pm, great security measures) I did not have my key to enter, however prior to letting me in, the attendant did ask if I had a room in the hotel through the security glass in the foyer. He never asked for my ID until he gave me access into the lobby (Too late, this should have been done prior to letting me in.) Checkout was done in less than 2 minutes. Overall this was a great hotel to stay in. I would recomend this hotel to anyone..

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms tha face the parking lot. The highway is right outside these windows which makes it bit noisy at night from the traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dwayne W
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed for 7 nights and love it! Upon checking the employee treated nice (explained our horrible 1 day stay over at the budget Inn) after hearing our horror story. It was her first day working. Rooms clean. Bed was comfortable. Everyday there was a variety of breakfast offered. Make your own waffles (kids loved). The kitchen staff was very pleasant! The whole stayed was awesome! I would definently stay again.

Room Tip: Noise from the highway distracting. But,did not bother us much. Entrance and exit to the hotel not ideal, but manageable.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ButterfLynn7
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Staff was friendly and efficient. Rooms clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast offered choioces. Noise from the highway distracting. Entrance and exit to the hotel not ideal, but manageable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CBs2
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The actual facility may be very impressive, but the location is horrible. The hotel is built in a little triangle, flanked on all sides by very busy interstate roads. The noise level from the trucks, cars and motorcycles in the rooms in unbelievable. After being in the bed for 10 minutes, we called the front desk and said it was too loud and we wanted to leave for another hotel (any other hotel) and we were informed that our $ would not be refunded nor would the $50 non-refundable pet deposit from our 6 pound chihuahua. To make a long story short, I ended up sleeping on the floor of the bathroom so I could shut the door and try to escape the traffic noise. Did I sleep? Absolutely not. And, to make matters worse, it ended up costing us $150!!! Did I tell them this was unacceptable and that I was unhappy. You bet I did. Did it help? Absolutely not. Never have I ever had such an unpleasant evening. I will NEVER stay at another Hawthorne.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Shelley894
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed at the Hawthorn for 1 night while shopping in the Lancaster area. The hotel is very clean and updated. The location is not the greatest, because it is smack dab in the middle of 2 very busy highways. The traffic noise is unbelievable all night long! We also found the walls are very thin and we could hear everything the neighbors were doing. We are not light sleepers and probably had the worst night sleep in a long time if not ever. However, the beds are very comfy. The room was large and well appointed. We did have some trouble making a left turn from the hotel due to heavy traffic volume. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was lame to say the least, it consisted of dried up eggs and potatoes and a few bagel and make your own hot waffles, but after all it was included in our stay!

We will not return to this hotel for several reason: Traffic noise, location to shopping and difficulity making a left turn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple