“Best we tried in Lancaster”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed September 2, 2006

We stayed in a Queen suite for one night. Of all the many places we stayed in Lancaster, this was the best. We had two queen beds in the bedroom and one in the living room. We also had a mini fridge and mircowave. The room and bathroom were very clean as was the pool area. Free breakfast had many selections in a nice atmosphere. Check-in staff was very friendly. Location is also great. The room was a little more expensive then we paid before, but well worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank JRos

Reviewed August 24, 2006

A good hotel with a great location especially if you're planning on going to Dutch Wonderland which is right across the street. Because of this, the hotel attracts a lot of families with young children so if you have an aversion to toddlers and such, don't book here in the summer months.

The rooms are nice sized, clean though (like most hotels) there's a bit of wear and tear in places but think of the beating places like this take over the course of just a few years.

Staff has ranged from simply OK (not offering much assistance above what is expected) to outstanding. Again, this depends upon the person behind the desk but I've never been treated rudely.

The pool is very nice though it can be a tad cool. It's clean but the hot tub makes too much suds. But it too is OK.

The common areas are clean and very well maintained.

Here's the only quibble for me: the breakfast and the room they have it in. Ok, so it's free but the room is very small and you often have to wait for a table or you are being stalked by someone waiting for a table. The counter where you get your food gets really crowded especially near the toaster and such. The food is OK but it is free and it's a time and money saver. I just wish the'd rethink the design a little like move the toasters to another part of the room or something.

Overall, I strongly recommend this place. It's very nice.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank CConnolly
Reviewed August 9, 2006

Country Inn & Suites is right across the street from Dutch Wonderland. You can actually leave your car and just wait for the light and cross the street. The room I stayed in has a small living room with a pull out sofa bed , TV, small desk, microwave and small frig. There was a nice size bath/shower and a separate bedroom with two large queen size beds and TV. It accommodated two adults and 3 children with no problem. The free breakfast was wonderful, it was cafeteria style and included absolutely a taste of every type of breakfast food including eggs both omlette and hard boiled. It was great. The room was really clean to kudos to the maid service, I think it is fairly new which would add to the cleanliness, but the helpfulness of the desk personnel leads me to believe it will always be this nice. I was extremely pleased, so will you.

6  Thank oakwoodglen
Reviewed July 22, 2006

The Country Inn and Suites at Lancaster was great! We stayed there last night and I had to come home and give this hotel a review. I am a self-proclaimed "clean freak" (when it comes to staying in hotels, at least) and this place was really nice. My husband and I stayed for one night with our two young children in a one bedroom suite. We were on the side of the hotel that faces Route 30 and didn't think that the road noise was bad at all. You're close to a main road, so of course you hear SOME noise when a loud truck goes by but it's nothing compared to any other place we've ever stayed. The bathroom was extremely clean and shiny (no stray hairs or mildew) and the rooms were very comfortable (no stains on the carpets in our room). The staff was friendly. A continental breakfast was included, which was nothing fancy- just the basics, and that was fine. For families traveling to Lancaster, I would definitely recommend this place. It was right across the street from Dutch Wonderland and not far at all from the Strasburg Railroad and outlets. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank jillfara
Reviewed July 12, 2006

usually stay at another hotel in lancaster but could not get reservations so tried this hotel. We were not disapointed. Lobby was very pretty and staff friendly. The rooms were great little mini suites with a separate living room, a pull out sofa made an extra bed , my 15 year felt like he had his own room! !

New furnishings in the rooms. Only one wish is that they had a restaurant in the lobby otherwise perfect.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank atlanticdare
A TripAdvisor Member
NJ
Reviewed July 8, 2006

We stayed upon a request from a friend and SO glad we did.
ROOMS WERE VERY CLEAN and each room was very quiet...nos ounds from your neighbor!! very COST to the outlet area and amusemtne area.

Our room was RIGHT across from DUTCH WONDERLAND which my daughter though was AWESOME!!

We booked the 1 bedroom SUITE, which has a seprated sleeping area where you first walk in. The sofa pulles into a nice sized bed. The master sleeping area had a KING poster bed with an AMISH themed quilt and MAIHS borders around the entire room.
TWO tv's in both sleepign area. FURNITURE was in perfect shape and very exquisite.

The fron desk called us in an hour to make sure we were happy w/ our room, whcih we were.

They have a NICE contiental brekfast w/ hot and cold cerals, juices, toast, bagels and donuts. Bananas and peaches were available, too.

The indoor pool and hot tub were in working order and clean. from 6 am to 10:pm.

• Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2006

We stayed at this hotel this past June. Our plan was to visit Dutch Wonderland, stay one night and go to ride Thomas the Tank Engine in Strasburg the next morning. My husband and 2 year old son traveled with my parents and we booked 2 rooms.

Upon arriving early, our rooms were not quite ready so we waited in the very inviting lobby. My parents' room was a standard room with 2 queens. The room was very clean and had a microwave and mini fridge. Our room was next door and was a one bedroom suite. The living room had a sofa, an arm chair, a desk and an armoire with a television. There was also a microwave and mini fridge. The bedroom had a king bed, 2 night stands and an armoire with a televsion. There was enough room at the foot of the bed for my son's Pack n' Play. Both rooms overall were very, very clean. Our bathroom was absolutely spotless. I am extremely picky about cleanliness and this exceeded my expectations. The bed was very comfortable.

A "continental" breakfast was included. This consisted of bagels, muffins, english muffins, cold cereal, doughnuts, eggs (that you heated in the microwave), coffee, tea, juice, milk etc. The room was large enough to accomodate everyone there and I had no problems fixing a plate for myself and my son.

The only "problems" we had were very minor:
Our room did face Route 30 and unless the AC was running, you could hear traffic.
The elevators are painfully slow.
The indoor pool, while large and very clean was overly clorinated in our opinion and the water irritated my eyes even though I never went under water.

Overall, this hotel was great and we would absolutely stay there again. It is located directly across the street from Dutch Wonderland. In fact, after spending the early afternoon at the amusement park, we checked in, went for a swim and then were able to walk back to the park. The staff was pleasant and even had cookies at the front desk when we came back from the park. If you are planning to stay with kids in the Lancaster area, this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2006