“Great atmosphere, great food, small portions, very, very pricey”

Culturas and Clementinas
Ranked #153 of 611 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Tapas is phenomenal here! Freshly prepared, very tasty. The atmosphere is all about the Mexican experience. What a fun place.

The portions are small, as you would expect on a $9 tapas menu. You'll keep ordering and ordering, and pretty soon you have spent $100 without even thinking about it.

This is a GREAT spot for something new, something exciting or a special occasion.

You can also be smarter than we are. You could just go for apps or for a few small plates or right after eating, but what fun would that be?

Again, this is a fun place!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We really enjoyed the octopus, the goat cheese/tomato jam, and the vieja ropa. The other items we ordered were also good. The restaurant itself is impressive (decor, size, service). The tapas were similar to the ones we had in Spain, but not as delicious. We had a groupon, which made our bill reasonable.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I had consistently heard such good comments about this restaurant that we were eager to try it ourselves. It fell way short of expectations. First, the reservation process is unacceptably complex and unfriendly. Second, the service was unacceptably slow. While the food was well presented and some of the dishes were excellent, others were just average. One complimentary slice of bread per person seemed inadequate. We ordered four tapas plates and my husband was hungry. We like the food at a sister restaurant, El Serrano, and find the story behind both restaurants to be compelling. In short, we wanted to like this restaurant, but it failed us.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My daughter and I went to Cultura's and what a great time we had! We ordered off the Tapa's menu... everything was really good! We loved everything. We sat at a small table by the windows overlooking the courtyard. It is early spring, I can only imagine how beautiful it will be when the courtyard was open. It is a very special place and my daughter said she wants to go back for her 18th birthday. I would love to go back also with a group of friends to share the tapas with. It is not a steak and potatoes kind of place, but I highly recommend for someone looking for something a little different and very special.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We enjoyed cold and hot tapas with our friends. The atmosphere makes your meal memorable. We were a table of four, each ordering 3 tapas (small plates) and had plenty to eat. The food is deliciously flavored and well presented. If you have never been to Culturas ask for a tour. One of the staff may be able to give you a tour and explain about all the wood imported from Peru, lighting, architectural features, courtyard and wine cellar. Reservations are needed.