“Great educational activities”

The Lancaster Science Factory
Ranked #17 of 76 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Lancaster Science Factory, a hands-on, interactive technology and science center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We invite you to come explore our exciting exhibits relating to the physical sciences, engineering, technology and mathematics.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a weekend trip to Lancaster and took the kids to the Science Factory. The kids and adults both loved it! It looks small when looking in, but the activities are plentiful and educational. There's many different types of science activities which kept the kids busy. They didn't want to read the explanations (which I wish they would) but enjoyed and became fascinated by some. Would definitely come back again!

3  Thank Luv2Travelw2boys

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Really cool museum. Worth it. A little bit small but there is a lot to explore with hands on activities. Expect to spend at least two hours there.

2  Thank Gary G
Reviewed January 17, 2014

From the entrance I wasn't sure that the Science Factory would be a hit but three hours later and the kids I had there were still engaged with all the activities. Took a 14, 12 & 10 year old and each of them enjoyed all the activities. I appreciated that each station had educational value and most of it was easily understood. The staff was helpful when approached but let kids just enjoy themselves. Great value and so much fun!

2  Thank MS_W3
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent a few wonderful hours here with a few young nephews with short attention spans and they loved it. The joy of the science factory is that every exhibit is hands-on. The kids are forced to participate in an entertaining and fun manner. Two hours flew by as our nephews could not stop enjoying the different exhibits. Our own teenagers also enjoyed working at each station with their cousins.

TIP: Parking is across the street, but there is no crosswalk - look both ways!

1  Thank CuriousTravelerRadio
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

When I walked in, I was a little disappointed by the size. But imagine my surprise when we spent about three plus hours there with the kids. My kids are 9 and 6 and had a blast. We had to drag them out to eat lunch! Price is right too!

We stopped here as a treat for the kids after Christmas vacation and travel. Not a lot of inside things for kids of all ages in Lancaster, but the Science Factory was perfect!