“Lotsa things to do in a large warehouse setting.”

The Lancaster Science Factory
Ranked #16 of 72 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Lancaster Science Factory, a hands-on, interactive technology and science center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We invite you to come explore our exciting exhibits relating to the physical sciences, engineering, technology and mathematics.
freeport NY
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Lotsa things to do in a large warehouse setting.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Two years in a row I have taken our grandchildren here when visiting the Pa Dutch Country. It's on our "To do" list with the Dutch Wonderland and Cherry Crest Adventure Farm.

The kids wanted to return and spent some two hours going from "experiment to experiment."

My wife and I learned a lot too!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank popsrocks99

Clemson, South Carolina
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Far Better Than I Expected”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I knew this was considered to be a "smaller" science museum, but since there were only activities for the physical sciences, it was plenty big enough. The kids (8 and 10) even asked when they could come back again!

As always, the best bet is to purchase a membership to a cheap ASTC affiliate, because then you can visit all sorts of these places outside your local area when travelling. We paid nothing, and that's a good deal of interactive play time out of it. And since it's all one one floor (a huge open space), you don't have to wander into various wings to keep track of multiple kids.

Visited August 2013
New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Max 2 hours of entertainment if that”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Brought 3 children here (9,11,12) I had to really force them to be here longer than an hour and a half. Such a waste of money for us!
Staff was not so friendly other than one gentleman. The woman didn't smile once. Really?
Luckily there were no groups here it was actually quite empty here on Sunday. The building looks huge from the outside but it's actually just a large room. I expected way more. But it was clean.
I visited the Da Vinci center earlier this month as my kids are usually fascinated by science centers. After 4 hours of being there I had to force them to leave because it was closing.
Don't waste your time stopping here unless your in the neighborhood for other reasons and its raining.

Visited July 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place for kids of the right age”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place for kids of the right ages - above 5 and under 15 in my estimation. Lots of interesting things to do. Unfortunately most kids do not get the "science" lessons that could be learned, but it does expose them to many scientific principles.

Visited April 2013
NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kids had fun”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Kids had a great time... until summer camps showed up!! Two camps visited the factory when we were there. Their 'adults' were more interested in playing themselves than supervising their kids as they pushed mine off attractions.

Visited July 2013