“Great relaxing weekend”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. The Doubletree has remodeled the atrium of the Willow Valley Inn - and the rooms are beautiful. The bedding and the beds were heavenly. We slept great. There was a children's bonfire where you could roast marshmallows and hot dogs (for $1 each) on Saturday night. I think they mentioned they would do this a couple of times a week during the summer. If I could do it over, I'd probably buy some hershey bars and graham crackers and make smores. Although the kids enjoyed the marshmallows without toppings. On Sunday night, Shrek 3 was playing at the outdoor pool.. We had fun at the bonfire, but had to miss the outdoor movie. They also had some children's craft activities with small craft fees during the day. The water park was small but really nice. The water was warm in both the indoor pool and the water park. They are both next door to each other. The jacuzzi looked nice as well. We stayed on a Saturday night and our room overlooked a wedding reception that must have ended close to 10pm and you could faintly hear the DJ's music. We really enjoyed watching the wedding reception from our room, but it may be disruptive to some families with smaller children, in which case, I might ask for a room that doesn't overlook the banquet hall. Dutch Wonderland was a short easy trip (maybe 15 minutes) away - I enjoyed being off the strip and enjoyed the arrangement with the next door Willow Valley Inn and being able to visit their duck pond, their playground, their outdoor pool and their beautiful grounds. There is a grocery store, pizza place and McDonalds across the street as well. We enjoyed the chocolate chip cookie at check in and the wolf gang coffee maker as well.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chocolatelover009

Reviewed June 25, 2010

This trip was our yearly trip to Willow Valley. Prior to the split of Willow Valley Family Resort we were always happy with our trips and this trip was no exception. We stayed in @ the Doubletree - we always liked the former "atrium" building of Willow Valley.
I must admit my husband and I were concerned with the recent conversion. Would it still be "our" Willow Valley and I can say "yes" it is "our" Willow Valley, only called Doubletree.
The building itself was nicely redecorated and our room with an outside view was great, very clean and quiet
The cleaning staff did a great job especially the person we had on the morning after our first night there.
We didn't utilize the fitness room but did visit the "frog pool" as my daughter calls it, a kids pool with a frog slide and a larger slide for the older kids, the other pool was great as well. We used both. Outside pool wasn't used. We did not visit Cafe 2400 in Doubletree but did get the Smorgasboard package with our room. The Smorgasboard is located in the Willow Valley Inn Willow Tree restaurant. Food was good and a good variety for dinner and breakfast - love the package so easy to find something for everyone to eat (picky eaters)
Located near Dutch Wonderland, outlets, target etc.,
Wish the crosswalk were still there for traveling between the Doubletree and Willow Valley Inn.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will return in the future.

1  Thank kfox30
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The rooms are pretty good - well furnished, with very good mattresses. They have been renovated and updated. The HVAC in our room was digitally controlled and spot on -- very important in 90 degree weather. We asked for and received a quiet room (not overlooking the atrium), and noise was not a problem at all. The public areas are nice, the grounds are well-kept. Our kids enjoyed the indoor water playground, which consists of a long tube slide, a small kiddie slide, and a number of fountains in a pool that ranges from several inches to four feet in depth. The bathrooms were small, but the shower water flow was decent. The Housekeeping could be improved, in that it lacked attention to detail. The refrigerator in our room was completely off when we checked in, and during the course of our stay, the staff did not clear and replace the glasses we used. We didn't eat at Cafe 2400, the hotel restaurant, during our stay, but we did have breakfast at the Willow Tree in the adjacent Willow Valley Inn -- diner fare, well-priced. On the south side of Lancaster, this hotel is not the closest to many of the local attractions -- it's about 15-20 minutes from Dutch Wonderland and the outlets, for example. On the other hand, it's much less hectic than the Route 30 strip. We'd stay here again.

1  Thank MarylandTraveler75
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. They gave us each a freshly baked, delicious cookie at check-in too!

1  Thank slcho
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed here for a long weekend and really enjoyed all the hotel and resort has to offer. They have a many things to do and a few different pools. My son was under a year so we went to the "quieter pool" and had a wonderful time. Dutch Wonderland was just a few miles away and the outlets are so close (maybe too close LOL). What a wonderful & affordable family getaway. We just can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Trippygirl
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was a great place to stay. Everything was just the way it should be.

I stayed for a conference in Lancaster and it was in a convenient location for downtown Lancaster. Everything was ready for me upon arrival.

The facilities are well maintained and clean.

I used the fitness center which has new equipment in it and a good variety of equipment. The pool is larger than typical and would be good for a family. They also have an indoor splash pool that kids would love.

I'd definitely return next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bbcreg
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I have stayed at the Fulton Hotel, which is ranked #1, and nice, but it doesn't wow me like the Double Tree. I have also stayed at the Best Western (can't remember which one).

The DoubleTree had excellent customer service, rooms were ready, extremely clean, events that we could attend, a waterpark for kids (indoors, next to a clean indoor pool. I read the last review, and yes, there was a wedding at the hotel, but it was over by 10 pm. I did hear the wedding, and have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. I could watch it from my room. It didn't bug me. I am not that picky. But, I do travel quite a bit for both pleasure and business. This hotel is great. When it gets a ranking, it will be a top 5, and in my mind #1. I will be back.

They even had a fire pit and had roasted marshmellows and hotdogs on a stick for kids one night.....for $1 each.....
Very reasonable priced hotel for the comfort and location and quaility....Please keep the price low and I will be back time and time again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family