“Gotta Love getting LIED too !”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel two years ago with my wife, we stayed in room 2009 which was on the same level as the pool and the room was a suite. We had a great time, i felt the hotel was super clean and staff was very pleasant. I told my wife that we need to come back to this hotel with the kids so two years later we book the hotel via Telephone. My wife told the hotel we wanted to stay in room 2009 (not hard to remember the room when its the year you got married) My wife explained that room 2009 was so accommodate because it has a big tub for the kids and its so close to the pool. My wife told the hotel if they did not have room 2009 available we wanted the SAME TYPE of room. The hotel tell my wife they will be able to accommodate us because we booked the room two months in advance. We arrive on Friday around 5pm, we check in and the room number is 1020, i told the front desk girl Carrie that its not the room we requested, she assures me its the same type of room just not on the pool level, i say ok. We proceed to the room, and realize its a totally different room, no where near the room like 2009, NO BATH TUB, just a stand up shower. How am i supposed to give two kids under 3 a shower ? I call the front desk and speak to Suzan, Suzan tells me its the room you booked, i explained i need a bath tub and its not the room i booked. Suzan goes on and tells me the only rooms with bath tubs are standard 2 queen bed rooms, i told her that i find that hard to believe because i stayed in room 2009 two years ago and it had a tub. Suzan then tells me she will take $40.00 off a night for the room, I personally don't think that enough. I then go and do my own research and look for room 2009, and i knock on the door and the people in there were kind enough to let me take a look at room and sure enough has a whirlpool tub and is bigger than the room we are in. I call the front desk back and a Suzanne answers and i explain everything to her and told her why did The other two girls lie to me about the only rooms that have bath rubs are standard queen bed rooms, She responded that she is sorry that they gave me wrong information and she wants me to enjoy my vacation with my family. They told me the hotel is sold out and there are no other room available like 2009. This whole situation caused a huge inconvenience for my family and i will never visit this hotel again.

PS: The Pull out sleep sofa is the most uncomfortable thing i ever slept on, I felt bad having my 2 year old sleep on it.

1  Thank Michael T
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us a second time, Michael. I spoke with our team regarding your recent stay and I'm truly sorry you did not enjoy yourself this time around. It seems as though there was some confusion regarding what type of room you stayed in previously, versus what kind of room you requested when making your reservation. We also received your written comment card and I would be happy to speak with you and make sure we are all on the same page if you ever wish to stay with us again. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717)464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We enjoyed staying here very much for a three-day vacation. We had lots of room, even in a two queen bed set-up. The bathroom is fairly roomy also and everything was very clean. This property is in a lovely setting, adding to our enjoyment of this area and all it has to offer. It was quiet, and we were barely aware of other guests. The indoor pool and water play area is neat. Parking is free and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us recently, and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your visit to DoubleTree Lancaster and would be happy to help you with anything you may need regarding a future reservation, or your most recent visit. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed 4 nights with family at this DoubleTree resort in Lancaster. Primary reason for our visit to the area, was to see family. One of the family members lived almost literally next door, so this hotel was perfect in that manner. If your plan is to go and see "downtown Lancaster" this hotel isn't exactly right there, but a 5 minute car ride south.

We were greeted upon check in by a friendly agent who gave us the famous cookie. Rooms were the two double beds room and were kind of small for 4 adults. Everything was very clean, though. Bathroom wasn't on the big side either, but more than enough for one at the time.

We had the complete buffet for breakfast every morning, where they had their own chef who made cook-to-order omelets. I can't remember having seen that a lot in the US, so that definitely set the tone for the breakfast every day.
Our servers were attentive and promptly filled up our glasses and mugs with OJ and coffee. I especially want to thank Mary who served us 2 mornings. She was a delight to interact with and definitely a great employee who gave us great service.

We had a late night dinner (well, late... It was only around 9pm) snack at the same restaurant as the breakfast was served in, one night. The quality and presentation was better than what I've had at comparable hotel restaurants in the past.

The fitness center was very spacious and had all the equipment I wanted to use during my work out. It overlooked the pool, which I didn't try myself. There is a "normal" pool and a kids pool with slides and other fun stuff.

All in all, I am very happy that I decided to stay here and it will definitely be the hotel I will be returning to next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent family visit to the US! I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed everything about our facility and look forward to your next trip. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Rooms were small, there was no bath tub, only a shower. The Furniture was old. We were booking for the best place we could go to in the Lancaster area and got much less then what we paid for. - we were disappointed. The facility itself was very nice - The property and grounds were beautiful and were close to the places we wanted to see while we were in Lancaster.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm so sorry our guest rooms were not up to your expectations. Our staff would be happy to guide you to the best room type for future reservations, and make sure you have all the amenities you need - like a bathtub. I would be happy to speak with you regarding your stay and appreciate your time: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My primary reason for this stay was business but I brought along my family so that my boys could enjoy the indoor water playground. We were impressed by the room (King Suite) - the beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. We enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the boys enjoyed the pool area. Overall a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and bringing your family while traveling on business. I'm so happy you had a wonderful experience and hope you will join us again soon! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Very clean rooms Asked for extra bath towels 5 minutes later they were there. All staff members went out of their way to help us. Laundry room tidy and clean. Computer access. Resturant food was very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William D

Thank you for taking time to review our facility! We are so happy to receive another "5-star" review and hope you'll be able to stay with us again soon! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel, especially the kiddie pool and indoor water slide. My kids and I also loved the Jacuzzi tub in the room. The room was clean and the bedding and pillows were pristine and comfortable. The only problem that is worth noting is that the rooms with the jacuzzi tubs face in to the hotel. They overlook a "ball/conference room" There was a wedding and a sorority party the weekend we stayed and we were able to hear that event from in our hotel room. I was not aware that these rooms all faced into this ballroom prior to booking.

1  Thank Kurt E

Thank you for staying with us recently. We hope you'll be back again soon and our team will be happy to help you decide which room type and location will best fit your needs. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com