“Clean, friendly, great service!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went to Willow Valley for many years, and were sad when it closed. But we recently spent a weekend at the DoubleTree (which took over part of Willow Valley) and really enjoyed it! The hotel staff were all super-nice, courteous and helpful. The warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival were a nice touch. The hotel is very clean, new-looking, and comfortable. During our stay, there was a Famly Trivia night, a comedy show, and a magic show for the kids, all of which were much appreciated!

1  Thank Martin R
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for giving the new Willow Valley a chance! Please understand that the Thomas Family and Willow Valley Associates still own and operate the DoubleTree Lancaster, so it's no surprise you really enjoyed your visit. I would be happy to speak with you regarding all the changes, please reach out to me with any questions: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We needed to get the kids out for a break so decided to check out the waterpark-like pool at the DoubleTree! The kids definitely enjoyed both pools and the water slide! It was fun for them. I enjoyed the pool area as well but after leaving couldn't get the chlorine smell out of our room (lingering from the pool) and couldn't ventilate our room either. We had a room on the first floor on the atrium side. Shockingly, you couldn't hear noise from that side, but it was very loud on the door side - which kept me up all night - hearing others open and close their own doors. If you're a light sleeper its definitely not ideal. The rooms were very nice though and the bathrooms were equally as nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us in February. I'm so sorry your visit was not up to par and hope you'll give us another chance. Feel free to reach out to me with any additional concerns, or I'd be happy to help you plan your next visit: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife found this place using the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought it might be nice to get out of the house over President's Day week - cabin fever was setting in. The kids, under 10, are veterans of Great Wolf Lodge and love indoor water parks. We thought they might enjoy the pool/water playground area and they did! This isn't the greatest resort of all time, but what they do they do very well. We enjoyed a free magic show one night. Another night they had a large indoor bounce house (4-5 bounce houses and a ton of other activities) - that the kids loved. We got a great rate for a bedroom suite - when you think about all of the activities they have to offer. The exercise room (which I like to do) was OK for aerobic stuff, but the weight options were lacking. The hotel did have a Cafe Breakfast option, but we didn't find out about this until much later. So we ate our meals in greater Lancaster. Overall, the hotel offered a lot of activities for the kids, and a decent room for the family. It is on the south side of Lancaster, so you have to drive to get anywhere. But I imagine the golf course on the property is gorgeous in the summer. It isn't much to look at in the winter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us a try this year! I'm glad your seasoned waterpark family enjoyed their visit to our facility and I very much hope you'll stay with us again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in planning a future visit: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The kids love the indoor pool and waterpark. The breakfast buffet is great and not overprized. We enjoyed the activities provided. The staff is super friendly and the rooms very clean. It is close to all the Lancaster attractions, including Dutch Wonderland and Thomas the train. The grounds are pleasant. We'll come again in the summer when we go to a Sight and sound show.

1  Thank Martina C
Reviewed February 20, 2014

nice resort. interior room proved a little noisy with magic show in courtyard. random knocking on doors was a little annoying. nice champagne/snacks for couples get away. nice bathroom. fluffy bed. easy check in. cookies!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our flight to see family in Florida was cancelled and we decided to bag it totally since we couldn't get on a replacement for two days later. Kids were disappointed and we wanted to get out of the house, so this became our 2-night Plan "B". I remembered coming to this place in the 80's with my family, so it was kind of fun to do it again with my own kids.

Pros: Cookies nice touch, pool and fitness room were both great, kids had a blast in the pool. The arts/craft activities are great too for the kids. Room service was decent and reasonably priced for room service. Overall facility seemed pretty clean and the staff was nice and helpful. Convenient grocery store and CVS across the street, as well as a McD's, which was nice to run out for coffee and a little breakfast. There's not much else in the immediate vicinity.

Cons: Only complaint is the room layout. With a 1 and 3 y/o, I got the family suite thinking we could put the 3 y/o in the queen and bring a pack/play for the other one. It turns out the separate room in the back was the one with the king, so wife and I ended up in the queen right by the door that is open to the bathroom area. Not a huge complaint but would probably make more sense the other way around. Also, the bathroom did not have a tub (which would have been nice with the kids. It was a sliding door shower, so we had to drag the kids in there and shower them with us...again not a huge issue but not the most ideal for a "family suite." Last con would be the hallway noise....soundproofing could be better, thankfully we're all heavy sleepers (and I get it, it's a resort geared towards families/kids, so it's going to have that noise - just be prepared for it).

Overall, great place to get away for a couple nights and we'd come back again someday.

Room Tip: Ask about the specific room layout. Some other reviews have complained about pool smell on 2nd floo...
1  Thank Stephen B
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thanks, Stephen, for visiting us at the DoubleTree Lancaster. I'm sorry that your Florida flight was cancelled, but kudos to you for getting the family out of town for a driveable getaway! We look forward to hosting you the next time you need a quick family trip-- we'll have those warm DoubleTree cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Double Tree hotel. I travel a decent amount through my work and I have yet to stay in a nicer hotel than the dollar tree. I was really happy with the friendliness of the staff and I loved my room. It was nice to have a separate shower stall and the bedding and room was very clean. Keep up the great work and I will definitely be staying there again on my future travels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald M
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thanks, Ronald, for choosing the DoubleTree Lancaster for you recent business trip! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to hosting you again when you are in Lancaster.