DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
$179
$116
  • Breakfast included
$74
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$87
ComfortInn
$130
$120
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
1,752 results
All reviewsdouble treewillow valleywater playgroundcookiesthe palm courthole golf courseindoor waterparkpool areadutch wonderlandbreakfast buffetgreat for kidswhirlpool tubbeautiful hotelgreat poolwedding receptionupon checkhotel restaurant
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our flight to see family in Florida was cancelled and we decided to bag it totally since we couldn't get on a replacement for two days later. Kids were disappointed and we wanted to get out of the house, so this became our 2-night Plan "B". I remembered coming to this place in the 80's with my family, so it was kind of fun to do it again with my own kids.

Pros: Cookies nice touch, pool and fitness room were both great, kids had a blast in the pool. The arts/craft activities are great too for the kids. Room service was decent and reasonably priced for room service. Overall facility seemed pretty clean and the staff was nice and helpful. Convenient grocery store and CVS across the street, as well as a McD's, which was nice to run out for coffee and a little breakfast. There's not much else in the immediate vicinity.

Cons: Only complaint is the room layout. With a 1 and 3 y/o, I got the family suite thinking we could put the 3 y/o in the queen and bring a pack/play for the other one. It turns out the separate room in the back was the one with the king, so wife and I ended up in the queen right by the door that is open to the bathroom area. Not a huge complaint but would probably make more sense the other way around. Also, the bathroom did not have a tub (which would have been nice with the kids. It was a sliding door shower, so we had to drag the kids in there and shower them with us...again not a huge issue but not the most ideal for a "family suite." Last con would be the hallway noise....soundproofing could be better, thankfully we're all heavy sleepers (and I get it, it's a resort geared towards families/kids, so it's going to have that noise - just be prepared for it).

Overall, great place to get away for a couple nights and we'd come back again someday.

Room Tip: Ask about the specific room layout. Some other reviews have complained about pool smell on 2nd floor - we were far enough away it was not an issue for our 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen B
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thanks, Stephen, for visiting us at the DoubleTree Lancaster. I'm sorry that your Florida flight was cancelled, but kudos to you for getting the family out of town for a driveable getaway! We look forward to hosting you the next time you need a quick family trip-- we'll have those warm DoubleTree cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Double Tree hotel. I travel a decent amount through my work and I have yet to stay in a nicer hotel than the dollar tree. I was really happy with the friendliness of the staff and I loved my room. It was nice to have a separate shower stall and the bedding and room was very clean. Keep up the great work and I will definitely be staying there again on my future travels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Ronald M
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thanks, Ronald, for choosing the DoubleTree Lancaster for you recent business trip! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to hosting you again when you are in Lancaster.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very helpful staff, they even brought birthday candles right up to our room after I had forgot to purchase some for my son's cake. Breakfast in the morning was great, restaurant staff member arrived at our table with balloons and candy after learning that it was my son's 3rd birthday, thank you Tony! Will definitely be returning to this hotel. The pool area was a big hit with our toddlers too.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lkc8122
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I'm so happy that your son enjoyed his birthday at the DoubleTree Lancaster, and that your family was able to get away for the weekend to celebrate at our hotel! Tony will be happy to know that the balloons and candy at breakfast was a happy surprise, too! Thanks for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Needed a night to spend away from the winter cold. Enjoyed a quiet peaceful night, followed by a day of shopping at the outlets and antique shops. All of the Amish shops were within a 30 minute drive. Staff was friendly and room was comfortable. Will be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank William H

Thanks, William, for your great review! I'm glad that the DoubleTree Lancaster was able to provide a little break from the cold winter, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

For as much as these rooms are I could have stayed in downtown baltimore overlooking the inner harbor. Room service stops at 11 at night and when you call they tell you to go to mcdonalds. Workers are racist. Room service stops at 11 pm. Never ever coming back. The best thing about Lancaster are the Amish. Oh the front desk workers were very nice and helpful. But F everyone else.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kimzl
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for your compliments to the front desk. I am sorry that you were disappointed by the room service hours at hotel, and would be happy to discuss this with you when you have a moment. Please call me at 717-464-2711 at your convenience. Thank you!