“This hotel is a real Gem!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Bethlehem PA
“This hotel is a real Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had change venues for a training event and this hotel was able to accommodate us close to the last minute.

Out stay was great and the catered in food was fresh and good. I did eat in the cafe one lunch and there was a buffet. I am not fond of buffets, and taking that into account, I still wasn't really happy with the choices. The chicken was, as buffets generally offer, was dry. This is just the nature of buffets I think the meals I had there off the menu were very good.

Their event staff was EXCEPTIONAL! They did everything they could do to make our event smooth running. Our attendees had no idea the problems we encountered in our own plan changes. We had glitches from our side and the staff worked like crazy to make things work for us. Brian's set up team is the best! They work like a well tuned clock.
One attendee remarked to me that it was like staying in a Gaylord hotel.. If you've stayed in one, that is a compliment.

The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are very nice. The large meeting area is centralized (how wonderful!) and is well designed both in space and esthetically pleasing.

The only negative is the environmental controls in the guest rooms are either light or movement activated (lots of hotels are adding this!) So about 4 hours into sleeping... I had to get up and turn on a light and move around the room to get the air to come back on... It got pretty warm in the room yet cooler outside. This system is pretty common in hotels these days and I find it bothersome, but better than the European style (now invading the US) of key card in a wall slot to get heat/cool and electric.

Room Tip: I would think that the views over the golf course and pond would be very good. Honestly, when I am...
Green Features: every waste basket was split (even in the rooms) for trash and recycling. NICE!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NelleM_12
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you, Nelle! We appreciate your kinds words and are happy to see everything went really well for your event. We hope you'll be able to join us for a leisure visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Well my visit started off very well, nicely greeted with a warm cookie for me and my girlfriend. After arriving in my room I took notice that my room did not face outside, instead an indoor "court yard" was outside my window. This would be no problem at all, but what I wasnt told is that there would be a wedding reception starting at 6:00pm ending at 10:30. I was not happy about the loud music and loud voices that went on until after 10:00pm. I figured that I would relax in the whirlpool for a while since there was so much noise, when I quickly found that the whirlpool did not have any pressure, and the jets were spewing chunks of black rubbish. I called for maintenance and it took 2 service calls to "fix" the whirlpool, in which the maintenance man showed me how to more or less trick it into working properly. Needless to say my stay was not great, they did comp my breakfast for the 2 days that we stayed, and I am glad that they did as breakfast for 2 is around $71.00 per day from their in house restaurant named "Cafe' 2400". You may want to ask if there will be a party in the court yard going on during your stay, if you want to have any peace and quiet at this "resort" which is not really a resort at all.... Well maybe it is a last resort!

Room Tip: You may want to ask if there will be a wedding if you want to have any peace and quiet at this "...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Brandon! When you have a few minutes, please reach out to me so we can discuss your $71 breakfast. Our most expensive breakfast option is the full buffet at $11.95 per person so you can understand I'm surprise to see a breakfast bill of $71! I will be sure to followup with our maintenance team to work out the glitches with the whirlpool. Thank you, in advance, for contacting me: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night for a trip to Dutch Wonderland. This hotel is about 10 mins away, but it's an easy drive. Kids had a blast in the kids area pool. I wish every hotel had a kids pool like this indoors. Entertains them and wears them out! Front lobby is nice and rooms are decent enough. Beds aren't the most comfortable but they're not horrible either! All the staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, a good hotel for families.

Room Tip: Try not to face into the atrium. They tend to have events on the weekends (weddings and such) and it...
1 Thank Jennie H
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm happy to read you enjoyed your visit and hope you will return in the future. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Very nice pool area. Wonderful area for the kids, with their little water play area. The slide was out of order, bummer. I got in the hot tub for a few minutes and it felt like I had a film on my body that I had to go wash off immediately. Don't know what is was, but other than those few things our stay was very nice. Very comfortable beds. Not too close to the Amish shops.

Room Tip: Choose a exterior room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and will follow up with our maintenance team to make sure everything is running up to par in our hot tub. If there is anything further I can help you with, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a wonderful weekend! Darryl and his team of Danielle and Jen were extremely helpful and willing to go over and above for our entire group. The front desk staff with Lisa in charge could not have done anything more for us. The set up crew with Steve and Brian saw to our every need in the meeting room. They are friendly and very helpful.
Connie our server for the meals was very pleasant and efficient clearing the tables and getting drinks for us all.. My housekeeper Tina also went out of her way to care for our room and make our stay very enjoyable.
We certainly will return.
Cassie W.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cassie W
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property on TripAdvisor! I'll be sure to pass along your kudos to our team. We look forward to your next visit! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Hanover Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. With a great pool and little indoor water area for the kids. Large spacious rooms. Could use a new coat of paint. Beds were large and comfortable. Everything was immaculate. But the resort does need a remodel hence the 3 stars instead of four. Prices are very reasonable and it's a short drive to lancaster county.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mblock9876
Thank you for staying with us recently. I'd like to have the opportunity to speak with you and determine what during your stay was not up to par. Our facility underwent an $8m renovation just three years ago and we work hard to keep up the appearance of our facility. I'd appreciate a few moments of your time: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a very interesting hotel. The service was great, the room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The staff at the Cafe 24 Hundred were excellent. They were very friendly, helpful and attentive. The buffet breakfast is standard DoubleTree. The food from the lunch menu was fresh with generous portions. I came with my wife and three young children and the staff bent over backwards to make sure everyone was happy. Great restaurant.

For the downside (and the reason for my 3 star review) was the pool area. I went to the pool area two times. Once, later in the evening, the pool was packed. On the next day, earlier in the morning, the kids area of the pool was overrun with children that were too old for the area. The lifeguard was doing her best to control the crowd, but with parents who did not control their children, it was impossible for her to manage. I felt that it was too rowdy for my children to go in the pool. The other negative was that my room was an "interior" room, with a window that overlooked the indoor "Palm Court" atrium. The room had no natural light and we had to have lights on the entire time we were in the room. It felt dark and gloomy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window to the exterior. Avoid the rooms facing the "Palm Court".
1 Thank Dave M
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us, Dave. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our Cafe 24 Hundred and we appreciate your feedback on your experience in the pool area. We will definitely work through ways to make swimming in our pools more enjoyable for everyone. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503