“"Spectacular Willow Valley in Lancaster"”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great for kids to have fun of all ages and parents. It's near a lot of outlets and restaurants. It is also connected to Willow valley suites. In willow valley suites there is an indoor and outdoor pool. Also in Willow valley suites there is a Huge smorgasbord buffet, with an average variety of food. All the amenities are awesome. Also, just minutes down the road is Clipper Magazine Stadium.Where the Lancaster Barnstormers play. Best part is it's in Lancaster county. This is the best family hotel there is. The service is phenomenal TOO!!! Well hope you enjoy your stay. Now you can Truly wake up in Lancaster county!!!

4  Thank Christopher lee B
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you Christopher, for the glowing review! I'm happy to read you had such a wonderful experience with our hotels and enjoyed a Barnstormer baseball game! Nothing like a great American pastime in America's oldest inland city. Looking forward to your next visit, Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503

Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very disapointed in the room! When looking online to make a reservation, it stated there a King Bedroom Suite with a Queen Bed as well in a seperate room. Not knowing if there was a sofabed in the room, I called the Reservation Line and was told there was a Sofabed, which was crucial to my stay. I explained if there is no sofabed, I don;t want the room. She said there was. I arrived last Friday the 20th and low and behold I go to my room and find a "suite " which was basically a regular size room cut in half with a King bed in one room and Queen Bed with a CHAIR and a desk and Dresser with a TV on top. It was a very small room with NO SOFABED. I called the desk and was told they dont have sofabeds in that room!!!! BUT I called to ensure that. They said you called the general reservation as opposed to the hotel reservation line. AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?? and shouldnt they be educated to answer questions like that???? It made my stay very uncomfortable. They offered me a cot. Where would that go??? They offered to change me to a room with 2 queen beds and a sofabed, which initially I was told there were no rooms like that available, but they discouraged me from taking that because it was significantly smaller??? Smaller than this tiny " SUITE "?? I wouldn't recommend it. It was pricey for what it was. I could have stayed closer to Hershey for less in a room that was standard but would have the bedding I needed and included free breakfast. I could kick myself for going outside my usual hotel chain because I know what to expect from them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I would be happy to speak with you further regarding your recent stay and the confusion with your room and the missing sofabed. When you have a few moments, please contact me: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Beautiful, beautiful hotel. Build in 2010, it's a little off the beaten path to the cultural stuff of Lancaster if that's what you're looking for, but it was a comfy, big room, lots of parking kind of hotel. There is also a few water slides with a pool indoors, as well as a small game room.

2  Thank Jjones22

Thank you for staying with us! We have a proud history of over 45 years here in Lancaster and a recent major renovation in 2010 to become a DoubleTree. Still owned and operated by our founding family, the Thomas', we love to share our property with new guests like yourself! We look forward to your next stay, Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This Doubletree is up to the Hilton chain standard. A little out of the way for Hershey or Amish Country, but if something closer is not available, this is a great option. Our room was clean. The restaurant on site was comfortable although we only were there for breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Cost was a bit of a savings from the cost for hotels closer to the attractions

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mje12518

We're glad you recently stayed with us and hope you will return for our hotel and beautiful surroundings. Only 45 minutes from Hershey, and 15 minutes to the main "tourist strip", our hotel offers convenience with the beautiful surrounding countryside. If there is anything I can help you with regarding your recent stay, or future stays, please let me know, Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great staff! I arrived at 05:00 and was able to checkin. Everyone in the area was so nice. The rooms are spacious. My children enjoyed the pool just for kids. If I ever travel north again I will stop over in Lancaster and stay at this location.

2  Thank Florida8175

We would love to have you stay with us if you visit our area again! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and clean . The staff is curtious and friendly. Its a nice place. The problem I had was that the room I booked was too small. I have a family of five, so I booked a suite that I thought would be big enough. I thought I was getting a king bed ,a queen bed ,and a pull out sofa bed. Instead My family was crammed into two small spaces with a queen bed, a full bed, and no sofa or lounging at all. When I called the front desk to see if there was a mistake in my reservation, the polite woman said "they don't have anything like that at this hotel" ,and they were completely full and no other rooms were available. I'd be charged for the room if I stayed or not , so we spent two very uncomfortable nights, like sardines. We enjoyed the rest of our vacation at the Best Western. I only booked Double Tree to get the Hilton rewards points.I should have booked the Willow Valley, which is right next door, like everyone recommended I do.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if your a family five or more. Stay at the Willow Valley side instead .
1  Thank Bridget S

Hi Bridget! We have been experiencing some confusion with our hotel rooms and their amenities when guests book with third parties. It seems like that may have happened during your stay and I truly apologize. I am working with each website to get things updated and accurate. For future reservations, and future potential guests, DoubleTree has a "best rate guarantee" and we suggest contacting the hotel directly when making reservations. Feel free to contact me to further discuss your recent stay. I would be happy to speak with you: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went on a mini vacation with my adult daughters and 2 yr old granddaughter. Service was excellent, room clean, employees very friendly and helpful. It is well worth the money.

2  Thank Melblye

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon, Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations, koconnor@willowval.com, (717) 464-7503