“One rotten apple can spoil the bunch -”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Though the rooms were clean and the staff helpful, stay away from Cafe 2400.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ray R
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

When you have a moment, I would like to speak with you regarding your experience in Cafe 24 Hundred. I hope the rest of your stay was up to par. Feel free to contact me:
(717) 464-7503

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Formerly part of the Willow Valley Resort, Doubletree gets high marks for refurbishing the guest rooms and the property remains beautful as always. Check in was no problem and the warm chocolate chip cookie presented to each of us at the desk was a nice touch. We stayed Memorial Day weekend, Sunday to Monday, took the breakfast/dinner buffet package and had an outside facing room with 2 queen beds on the first floor. The room itself was certainly spacious enough and decently appointed. Very comfortable bed and quiet too. The small alcove outside the bathroom features a granite-topped vanity which could have been better utilized if it contained the sink which would have freed up space in the small bathroom. But the hotel loses points in the housekeeping area. Although cleanliness seemed to prevail (room was competently done) we happned to notice some empty dishes and glasses from "room service" outside a nearby door when we checked in at about 4:30 PM, and it was still there at 11:15 PM when we returned from the movies. Though this was not necessarily a detriment to us, I felt compelled to call the front desk to remove it. Also, there was a red-colored substance on the base of the toilet (was also noticed where the seat attaches to the toilet fixture - so it might have been disinfectant but should have been more completely cleaned off. Otherwise an enjoyable, relaxing stay and would recommend an outside-facing room to avoid the possibly noisy Palm Court. I do have comments about the breakfast buffet which I will write-up under the restaurant listing.

Room Tip: Outside-facing rooms avoid potential noise from Palm Court area where they hold functions and brunch...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 6van

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I will pass along your comments regarding the bathroom to our housekeeping team. They are a wonderful team that works hard to keep guest rooms spotless. I'm sure this will be reviewed and rectified immediately. I will also pass along your comments regarding our room service trays. Our team was very busy over the holiday weekend, but that is no excuse to let our service falter.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I, together with a couple of friends from North Syracuse arrived for what was going to be a fun weekend. We arrived early, and were told that check-in wasn't until 4 p.m. We came back to the lobby and waited until 4 p.m., when I inquired of the desk clerk about the availability of our rooms. She danced around herself and told me the room still wasn't ready. I waited until 4:20 p.m., when my friends arrived from a 5 hour ride from Syracuse expecting their room to be ready. And it still wasn't. I demanded to speak to a manager, and Lisa finally appeared at 4:25 p.m. She told me that it was unfortunate that they were checking in three tour groups, and that our rooms were not ready yet. She offered us complimentary breakfast vouchers for the following morning.

When our rooms were finally ready, I overheard that they were the LAST Two cleaned in the hotel. When we arrived at our room, I discovered that it was an inside room overlooking the Palm Court where banquets are held well into the night. My husband and I were kept awake well into the night. The mattress was lop-sided and I nearly fell out of bed several times.

The one positive note was that it was a handicapped room that was spacious for a wheelchair or walker. The negative was that I could not see outside in the morning.

I would never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with an outside view. The inside rooms overlook the Palm Court which holds banquets t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eleanor C

Thank you for staying at our hotel, and we certainly wish you would consider staying with us again in the future. I understand you spoke with our General Manager, Dory, as well as Lisa, and they worked to get you a handicapped room that would be best suited for your needs. While we strive to have every one of our 185 guest rooms cleaned and ready by 4pm, there are times when rooms are not immediately available come 4:00. One of your two rooms was ready when you arrived early but this particular day, there were several circumstances that held our housekeeping team up.

You mentioned that there were banquets held "well into the night". I want to assure you and all of our guests that events are concluded by 10pm. If possible, we honor guest requests for outside view rooms when they may be disturbed by evening events.

I would be happy to further discuss your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience:

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great Hotel, great location to all Lancaster sites. I golfed their executive golf course and had a great time. Staff was very good. My only gripe is their internet is sooo slooow. I was gaging speeds and they were a bit better than dial up. I rely on this to do work in the evening and prep for the next day. Waited a very long time to download files. Better internet speeds would make this a gem of a place for me.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms facing outside. The inside rooms face the atrium and that can be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pgjimmy

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, including our golf course. Our IT team is working to upgrade our complimentary wireless and we are looking to have this project complete in the next few months. Feel free to speak with our reservationists the next time you are ready to book, they will be able to give you an update on our WiFi. If there is anything further I can help you with, please feel free to contact me, and thank you for choosing our DoubleTree!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

A two bedroom suite was less than most hotel rooms. The facility is absolutely lovely - large, spacious, well kept. It's a long-time family property well-known to the area that Hilton has taken over more recently. Free internet service, great nooks and crannies where you can work, terrific facilities, easy parking. Very helpful employees who really care. Amish Country.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison P

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and want to let you know that we are still family owned! While we are part of the Hilton family, we are not a corporately owned hotel, rather, we are owned and operated by Willow Valley Associates and the Thomas family.

We hope you will stay with us again if the college student in your life decides to attend F&M! It's certainly a wonderful school.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here Easter Weekend! The kids had so much fun in the waterpark. We also took the carriage ride around the property and purchased some delicious goodies in the bakery. Great location to restaurants, Amish Village and outlet shopping. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: It is a popular hotel, so try to request a room that doesn't overlook the main interior room. T...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cgray79

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to serving you again, hopefully soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Doesn't really matter were you stay either next door at Willow Valley or here both properties are excellent, we have been at every major holiday & this time was July 4th 2011.
Great Fun

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TruthRUS
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you! As a guest at both of our hotels, we appreciate you sharing your expertise and knowledge about the different products. Looking forward to your next visit,
Kristin O'Connor