“Unique flavors that are fabulous everytime.”
Review of Carmen & David's Creamery - CLOSED

Carmen & David's Creamery
Good for: Families with children
Description: Homemade ice cream in the heart of historic downtown Lancaster Pennsylvania
Mountville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique flavors that are fabulous everytime.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I LOVE Carmen & David's. I find a new obsession every season. This summer I can't get enough of their Fruit Coolers. There are always 3 sorbets in the cooler with flavors like Blood Orange, Blueberry Mint, Tripple Berry, Mimosa & so many more. Choose a sorbet flavor, the scooper will blend it with seltzer water and you have a Fruit Cooler. It's like a gourmet slushee, so refreshing during this hot weather, especially when walking around down town Lancaster, PA.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank sullik72

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Finally tried Carmen and David's Creamery after hearing great things about it. So glad that we did. Their ice cream was delicious and we had great service.

It was just pricey compared to other ice cream places that we frequent.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank michellelynnp
NYC
“Peanut Allergy people dont fear this place, eat here”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My daughter has a peanut allergy so whenever we travel I am always extra concerned about what she eats and even more so when it comes to desert which I typically have her skip. Well i am glad we didnt skip this place. I walked in on a Saturday night with a line out the door and told the girl behind the counter my daughter had a peanut allergy she went over with me what was safe to eat, opened up a brand new box of cones and used a new spoon to ensure my daughter food didnt come in contact with peanuts. To be able to have my daugher eat ice cream like a normal kid is such a big deal for her as it rarely happens so this really made our trip even more special.

Visited July 2014
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Made on site, and not just ordinary flavors”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Love this place. Be prepared for a long line if you are visiting on a First Friday of the month. Love that they make their own ice cream. Best Cookies and Cream EVER! I consider myself an ice cream expert!! Wanna try something new? Plenty of new things to try... And I love that they have water available (self-serve) for everyone, even pets...

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank MrsandMrKeeney
Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
“Best Ice Cream”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have been here several times now, very consistent product. Read on for more, but I'll save you some time and say this is the best ice cream that we've ever had.
-Atmosphere/Service- Located in downtown, parking can be a challenge, but it is worth it. Park in the parking garage on Prince Street just north of the creamery for the least amount of hassle. The creamery is very well laid out, some seating outside and plenty of seating inside, they have several rooms just for tables and chairs. Lots of color inside, paintings and photographs decorate the walls, fitting for an ice cream place. Lines can get long when they are busy, but again, it's worth it. Service is solid and friendly, they are willing to make suggestions and also advised us on a cheaper way to try more flavors (mini-scoops!). This is great for those of us who like to try lots of different flavors. They also go out of their way to provide free water, this is a nice touch on a hot day and makes tasting different flavors of ice cream easier, if that matters to you.
-Food- Not much to see here but ice cream, shakes and sundaes... this is not a bad thing! We have sampled many favors over several visits and have yet to sample one that we did not like. The consistency and mouth feel of the ice cream is very good, just right, and the flavors are very strong, in a good way. This is not easy to do with a frozen dessert, so job well done. Solid value for what you get, not cheap but this is top end ice cream. They keep certain flavors in stock all of the time, and keep a large selection of seasonal flavors going as well. They usually have about two dozen flavors at a time.
-Overall- This is the best ice cream I have had, consistently over time and with different flavors. This place is worth the trip, and won't disappoint. Highly recommended and we will return again... and again.

• Visited July 2014