“Great experience, very good food”
Review of Addisu Ethiopian Restaurant - CLOSED

Addisu Ethiopian Restaurant
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Located in a strip mall on Dillerville Road in Lancaster. Quaint place with an Ethiopian feel. Food is definitely in line with the country's cuisine, and you are expected to eat their way - with your hands, so you get the real experience! Food is good, albeit disappointed that much of it is microwaved, and you can hear the food going in and out of the microwave. Mango drinks are fresh and very good. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Note, I am not commenting on the food here since we walked out of the restuarant without even gettiing to try it. The host was completely indifferent to us when we walked in and acted like he couldn't care whether we were there or not. After we sat, we waited for about 20 minutes but the staff showed no indication at all that they were going to even acknowledge our presence. So we left. The place smelled wonderful and the food seemed so interesting. Wish we could have tried it.

2  Thank AMECTraveler
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We ate lunch at Addisu's yesterday. I have had Ethiopian food before at some very authentic restaurants in NYC, and this beat them! We shared the vegetarian sampler, and there was not one dish we did not like of the 5 items. Everything was very flavorful and perfectly spiced. If you've never had Ethiopian before, the closest cuisine I can liken it to would be Indian. They seemed to take it easy with the hot pepper for the newbies among us, so nothing was too hot, but I'm sure they would make it hotter if you asked. The service was very good as well. I also ordered a pot of their siphoned coffee, which was incredible. It was a very aromatic espresso-like coffee with lots of berry and fruit flavors, which complimented the food nicely. I would go back just for the coffee!
The restaurant is located in a strip mall, so don't go here for the atmosphere. It is fun to eat with your hands off a communal platter, and as such is a good choice for an outing with friends or for a date.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My friend went with her husband and suggested we all go there together for a dinner out. We went on a quiet week night and it took over 2 1/2 hours to have dinner. The woman who waited on us was extremely rude and you could see and hear her microwaving our meal. This was my first experience with Ethiopian food and I thought it had amazing potential to be delicious but obviously microwaved anything isn't going to be a great example of any ethnic cuisine. I would not recommend this place and my friend who had been before was shocked by the horrible service and food her second time there, as she had a much more positive experience the first time around.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We've been to Addisu's about 3 times, and we've always enjoyed it. The new location is much better-roomier, and nicer decor. I just love the food-tasty, healthy, different. It's a fun experience. Addisu is always very nice too.