“fab stay”

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“fab stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Amazing building so different. Staff were so helpful. Close to Intercourse, Bird in the Hand and Lancaster. Rooms really spacious and modern.has its own bar and restaurant. Continental breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay. Staff was friendly. Room was neat, clean and simple just like I like it. Minutes from downtown. Food at tge resturant was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. No pool though so kids may be bored.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Laurel, Delaware
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The building & history of it is a "10". Our room though, had a musty-type of scent. Had to get housekeeping in on that. The morning breakfast was under dim lighting. Great for an evening setting, not for breakfast though.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the newer section. Less floor noise from the floor above you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlie C
New York
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I waited almost 3 months to write this review, to see if I would calm down and if the bad feelings would go away - but they haven't. My child is a college student in Lancaster, with their graduation weekend in early May of 2014. Almost 18 months prior to their graduation, I booked two rooms for our family for the Graduation weekend. I re-confirmed my reservation several times, both over the phone and in person, over the ensuing months and was always assured that everything was in order. Imagine my horror when I received a call approximately 3 weeks prior to Graduation from the Cork Factory informing me that due to a terrible oversight on their part, they had overbooked for Graduation weekend and were bumping me and my family to another hotel! This was totally unacceptable, but unfortunately there was little I could do. I wasn't going to let their business ineptitude spoil this joyous occasion. I see other reviews concerning their bad reservation system and poor customer service - and felt that I had to add my review.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Jim J
Cleveland
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was charming with old exposed brick. They've done a nice job remodeling and renovating. Highly recommend seeing this place. The downside was that the walls seem so very thin and I heard everything happening in the rooms around me. The first night, I didn't get any sleep at all because I heard someone's TV on.

Staff was very friendly.

But not being able to sleep makes me think about not booking next time I am in Lancaster for work.

The restaurant in hotel was very good.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ssncl
Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on a combined business/pleasure trip. The hotel has a nice boutique feel, and the staff is professional and helpful. Rooms were roomy, comfortable and well appointed. The loft-like finish made it a tad loud, though. You could hear the people above walking around and people in our hall quite clearly. Still, a nice place to stay, particularly if you want something a little different and artsy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PucksterColorado
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On May 1, 2014, I used the hotl's website to make a reservation to stay at this hotel for two nights in July. I was travelling with a friend for a conference, and reserved a room with two queen sized beds. I received a confirmation e-mail at the time I made my reservation which I quickly checked and saved until my trip. As I was getting ready for the trip, I looked again at my e-mail, and realized that the reservation was for one night, not two. I tried to call the hotel to see if there was a room available for the second night. It took about a half hour, and three phone calls that were answered by an answering machine before I reached a hotel employee. I explained my situation, and she tried to look up my reservation by my last name, and then by the confirmation number in my e-mail, and could not find it. She put me on hold to do more research, and finally found my reservation on their internet reservation system. She explained that it had not been transferred from that system to the hotel system, so they did not actually have a room reserved for us in their system, and further did not have a room with two beds available at all for first night of our stay - in spite of the fact that I had a confirmation e-mail. She explained that she did not know what had happened, and offered me a room with one queen bed for the first night at a discounted rate, with the chance to move to two queen bed room the second night. As that would have been completely inconvenient, I declined and made other arrangements. However, I was extremely disappointed to realize that using the hotel's own website to make reservations, and with a confirming e-mail in hand, we could have arrived to find that we didn't have a room. That is no way to do business.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends