“Delightful”
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Cork Factory Hotel
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay. Staff was friendly. Room was neat, clean and simple just like I like it. Minutes from downtown. Food at tge resturant was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. No pool though so kids may be bored.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The building & history of it is a "10". Our room though, had a musty-type of scent. Had to get housekeeping in on that. The morning breakfast was under dim lighting. Great for an evening setting, not for breakfast though.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the newer section. Less floor noise from the floor above you.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Charlie C
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I waited almost 3 months to write this review, to see if I would calm down and if the bad feelings would go away - but they haven't. My child is a college student in Lancaster, with their graduation weekend in early May of 2014. Almost 18 months prior to their graduation, I booked two rooms for our family for the Graduation weekend. I re-confirmed my reservation several times, both over the phone and in person, over the ensuing months and was always assured that everything was in order. Imagine my horror when I received a call approximately 3 weeks prior to Graduation from the Cork Factory informing me that due to a terrible oversight on their part, they had overbooked for Graduation weekend and were bumping me and my family to another hotel! This was totally unacceptable, but unfortunately there was little I could do. I wasn't going to let their business ineptitude spoil this joyous occasion. I see other reviews concerning their bad reservation system and poor customer service - and felt that I had to add my review.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Jim J
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was charming with old exposed brick. They've done a nice job remodeling and renovating. Highly recommend seeing this place. The downside was that the walls seem so very thin and I heard everything happening in the rooms around me. The first night, I didn't get any sleep at all because I heard someone's TV on.

Staff was very friendly.

But not being able to sleep makes me think about not booking next time I am in Lancaster for work.

The restaurant in hotel was very good.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ssncl
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on a combined business/pleasure trip. The hotel has a nice boutique feel, and the staff is professional and helpful. Rooms were roomy, comfortable and well appointed. The loft-like finish made it a tad loud, though. You could hear the people above walking around and people in our hall quite clearly. Still, a nice place to stay, particularly if you want something a little different and artsy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PucksterColorado
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On May 1, 2014, I used the hotl's website to make a reservation to stay at this hotel for two nights in July. I was travelling with a friend for a conference, and reserved a room with two queen sized beds. I received a confirmation e-mail at the time I made my reservation which I quickly checked and saved until my trip. As I was getting ready for the trip, I looked again at my e-mail, and realized that the reservation was for one night, not two. I tried to call the hotel to see if there was a room available for the second night. It took about a half hour, and three phone calls that were answered by an answering machine before I reached a hotel employee. I explained my situation, and she tried to look up my reservation by my last name, and then by the confirmation number in my e-mail, and could not find it. She put me on hold to do more research, and finally found my reservation on their internet reservation system. She explained that it had not been transferred from that system to the hotel system, so they did not actually have a room reserved for us in their system, and further did not have a room with two beds available at all for first night of our stay - in spite of the fact that I had a confirmation e-mail. She explained that she did not know what had happened, and offered me a room with one queen bed for the first night at a discounted rate, with the chance to move to two queen bed room the second night. As that would have been completely inconvenient, I declined and made other arrangements. However, I was extremely disappointed to realize that using the hotel's own website to make reservations, and with a confirming e-mail in hand, we could have arrived to find that we didn't have a room. That is no way to do business.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank MaybeMBC
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Cork Factory Hotel this past weekend, July 11-13th, 2014 for a friend's wedding. The hotel itself was very nice, rooms were clean and the decor was unique. I quickly came to find that the customer service at this hotel is awful.

We decided to go very early, because my husband works from home and it was easier to take conference calls in the lobby rather than talking on the phone in the car. I walked in and was letting the front desk know that we were there to check in, but that we were early and were fine just hanging out until check in time. She seemed rather annoyed that we were there and I was clearly wasting her time. I then asked if I should check in now or later. She said I could check in then. Then there was a ton of confusion, honestly, mostly by my own doing, which was not their fault. I was given a gift certificate by my mother for Christmas and I called to reserve my room months ago and was told it was on file so I did not bring it with me. (Again, my fault) It was then decided that I would go home on Sunday and call back with the gift card number and they would take it off my bill. No big deal, right? Wrong.

I continued to sit in the lobby as my husband worked and the one front desk woman decided to "update" the other front desk woman who had just arrived at work. As I am sitting no more than 10 feet away, they began to talk about me! Not quietly either, I heard every single word since I was sitting right there! One of the ladies was even rolling her eyes, saying things like "ugh, people."

Generally speaking, I am a type of person that goes with the flow and maintains a positive attitude. However, this was no way to be treated, especially after I was under the assumption the situation was over!!! Then I asked to speak to a manager, because I was so disgusted I was being talked about in front of my face. The manager was conveniently not on duty. I tried to speak with the manager for the next two days and they were always nowhere to be found. I was given a card with the number to the manager, Cory Amman, and it has now been 3 consecutive days of calling with no returned calls. I still don't have the money refunded for the gift card and I am more agitated that no one will return my calls.

This hotel clearly relies on its' unique decor and and believes in putting customer last. I was not the only person this weekend for the wedding that felt the staff was rude, condescending, and clearly disliked their jobs.

So let's break this down for anyone wanting to visit this hotel.

Pros: Fun, unique decor. Clean rooms.

Cons: AWFUL customer service, rude staff, thin walls (you can hear everything!!!!!), adequate food

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends