“Couldn't ask for more!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Cork Factory Hotel
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“Couldn't ask for more!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had to go to lancaster for 2 weeks for business. I selected the hotel due to the appearance online. The brick and exposed beams as well as the history of the property really appealed to me. Before arriving at the hotel I had called to inquire about a pack-n-play as my family would be staying 1 night. The person answering the phone was nice and took the request. When we got to the hotel we were greeted by a very warm woman who helped check us in. She made us feel welcome and gave a lot of options when we asked about food. The room itself was nice and large, and the pack-n-play was already set up for us. The only slightly negative part of the hotel is the TV in the room is not a modern flat panel TV. there is a great breakfast bar in the morning with a lot of freshly baked pastries, fresh fruit and other goodies. Being in town for business I met up with several other people in the company at the hotel. We needed to get to and from our meeting point daily and the hotel offered to provide a shuttle service for the group of 10 people. They not only dropped us off, but picked us up. Even more surprisingly they were willing to shuttle us to a few dinners as well. I don't know if this was because there were so many of us, or if they are alway this great! After one of the dinners, the manager of the on site restaurant picked us up and proceed to tell us about the amazing ballroom that the property has. Shockingly he offered to take us on a tour. The ballroom was so amazing one of the girls that was with us said she may talk to her boyfriend about coming here for a wedding. We were then told that the place was booked for the next 2 years... and if you ever do see it you would know why! Every time you pass by the front desk the staff has a nice and warm conversation with you if you want, or simply say hi if they can see you are not in a chatty mood. PERFECT. The final thing that caused me to put a review online came half way through my stay. I had been on the go all day Saturday and wanted to relax and watch some football on a Saturday night. Having not had a chance to get a bite to eat for the day and it was 8:30 I went to the bar in the restaurant. I made a comment to the bartender that there was no TV to see the game, so I was going to stream it on my ipad. He asked if I wanted him to bring my meal to my room so I could watch the game. I asked if they normally provide room service, he said no, but if I wanted to go back he would take care of it for me. I was shocked and thrilled. When I opened the door 10-15 minutes later I was greeted with a big beautiful bone in ribeye that any of the finest steakhouses in the country would have been proud to serve. I was so shocked with the hotel to this point that I pulled out my computer and typed this as I am finishing the great steak. I still have another week until I get to see my family again, but this place has made me feel right at home. If I was ever in need of a hotel (or steak) within 100+ miles of Lancaster I would go out of my way to stay here. Every person went above and beyond to make this a great stay. Thank you to the staff of the hotel and to the owner. Either you hired the best crew of any hotel, or you have done a great job of teaching what service is all about and encouraging the staff to provide it! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Cork Factory Hotel! I am very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable, and that our staff exceeded the level of customer service for which we strive. We hope to see you on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. Thanks, again!

717.735.2075

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We were given a room also to be used for wheelchairs. nice big room but as commented upon before it is impossible to darken the room during the night which means that when the sun gets up at 6 am we wake up as well The bathroom was completely bare presumably to allow a wheelchair moving around There was aboslutely nowhere we could leave our beautycase and toiletries. Upon request they brought us a small table.'When I booked I asked for gluten free bread for my wife but not available and apart from fruit there was nothing she could eat same story day 2 They did however provide a bacon and eggs platter and some yoghurt Apart from the lady that checked us in all other staffmembers were friendly and helpfull. The oldfashioned TV did not work for 2 nights . The airco noise and the noise from our nextdoor neighbours disturbed our sleep.The room apparently had not been vacuumed for some of the spilt chipscrumbs were still there the next day

Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to apologize on behalf of our staff that the Cork Factory Hotel did not exceed your expectations. According to ADA guidelines, handicap accessible rooms are only sold if all other rooms in the hotel are already occupied, thus, this would have been the only room available when you made your reservations. They are appointed differently than most other rooms to allow wheelchairs to maneuver more easily. I am glad to hear that our staff accommodated your needs by providing you with a table upon request! I am also pleased that our breakfast staff went above and beyond to provide your wife with extra gluten free options, in addition to what is already on our complimentary continental breakfast. I have spoken with our Housekeeping Manager and to our Maintenance Engineer to address both the cleanliness and noise/TV issues that you mentioned, to ensure that those concerns are addressed, and that future guests do not encounter the same problems. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly using the information listed below if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Again, I thank you for your review.

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. On the positive side: Beds were comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was beautiful/great shower, health club was free and had great equipment (the treadmill was built for a horse and had phenomenal shock absorption!), the internet was free and the continental breakfast was one of the best that we've seen. We did not experience any noise problems that I've read on several reviews. On the negative side: Although the continental breakfast included a nice assortment of teas, surprisingly they did not provide hot water. You needed to request this. The server taking care of the breakfast area was very accomodating and promptly brought us a large cup of water. Also, the hotel is located in an industrial area and the location was not the best for taking walks in the evening. Overall, I would highly recommend The Cork Factory Hotel.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the annex (to the right of the main hotel). There are fewer rooms and they seem to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LMHNewJersey
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Cork Factory Hotel! I am very happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable, and that our staff met the level of customer service for which we strive. We hope to see you on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa!

717.735.2075
Salisbury, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stay far away if you like your sleep and like nice hostesses. I pre-paid non-refundable for three nights and only stayed two. They could keep the last night! This hotel was so noisy, I couldn’t sleep a wink. I stayed on the top floor and still could hear people talking two rooms over. This is an old factory building and it shows because of the noise. No attempt was made during the restoration to make this place sound proof. They just through up walls and started booking rooms. The front desk is very unfriendly and know one is ever their. I called for ½ hour until someone picked up. The free continental breakfast was so small and crowed that it took me 5 minutes to get to the coffee. Then it was empty. I really wanted to like this place because it shows very well, but that is the problem, I only looks nice in the pictures.

Room Tip: Dont do it!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lindsey A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to address your complaint, as we at the Cork Factory Hotel take your concerns very seriously. Firstly, we do understand that in certain parts of the hotel noise can carry, especially when the hotel is at its highest capacities. The designers made a conscious decision to leave the high vaulted ceilings and original wooden beams and floor boards in tact, rather than destroy its aesthetic and historic appeal. We believe this adds to the charm of our unique hotel. I do apologize, however, that you did not get the rest you were expecting. As for the service you received from our front desk personnel, I am sorry that it did not stand up to the customer service most of our guests are accustomed to. We will address this complaint with the person on duty. Please contact me directly using the information listed below if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, and to see what the Cork Factory Hotel can do to persuade you to give us another opportunity and exceed your expectations. Again, I thank you for your review.

Milton Keynes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Cool hotel with interesting rooms & a welcone change from some of the standard chain hotels we"ve stayed in on our US holiday so far. Very comfortable beds & great shower. But really poor service. We had a very poor welcome from 2 very severe receptionists after a long journey - even a smile would have helped!! We'd booked our family of 5 into one room - and paid an extra person supplement - but there were no extra towels or bedding. When we asked, we were told we could have an extra fold up bed but we'd have to pay another extra charge. First morning we came down towards the end of breakfast sitting, there were no clean tables or plates at the buffet & very grumpy waitress told us it was our fault for being late down. Second morning it was more organised but the staff decided to vacuum the adjoining bar area whilst we were still eating, Altogether very unfriendly & we would not choose to go back here.

1 Thank Sarah A
Dear Guest and Family,

We at the Cork Factory Hotel take your concerns very seriously, so I would like to take this opportunity to address your complaint. Firstly, thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms. We pride ourselves on offering a unique experience to all of our guests. However, I apologize if our staff did not exceed your expectations in their service to you. I can assure you that we will address your concerns directly with the staff on duty, and strive to train them in proper customer service. Please contact me directly using the information listed below if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, and to see what the Cork Factory Hotel can do to persuade you to give us another opportunity and exceed your expectations. Again, I thank you for your review.

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great hotel, comfortable beds, bar was a tad dark but cozy, bartender had a wonderful personality, great food at restaurant, amazing service. The air conditioning was really loud, actually woke us up, the front desk associate did not seem to want to hear about it. The hotel is a great idea for revamping a depressed area. We loved the wood and brick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I agree with the reviewer frieda-f. The room was very comfortable but noisy with the creaking floors upstairs. It would also be nice to have flat screen TV's.
The staff must have all been having off days. the waiter at the outside patio was not friendly nor very prompt with drink orders. The front desk clerk was a bit apathetic when asked directions to somewhere in the hotel.
Breakfast was pretty bad, they must have served food from the day before because everything was stale and didn't taste good. The fruit and coffee however were fresh and good.
I love the architecture and design of the Cork Factory Hotel, interior brick walls are always cool. The place just needs a little tweaking.