Cork Factory Hotel
$137
$108
Country Inn
$106
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$130
$120
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
All reviewsexposed brickhistoric hotelcontinental breakfastfourth floorlancaster brewing companybagelsclose to downtownbed was comfortablerooms are largechain hotelsfresh fruitfront desk staffmain buildinglancaster cityking suiteweddingnoise
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here in July for one night. The room was massive and very modern looking. The place is new and is very stylish. Parking was a bit strange since it shares it's lots with surrounding business buildings but on the weekend it isn't a big deal. The bar was very nice and so were the bartenders. We didn't eat here but the food selection looked amazing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank madmbtfly
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Staying at the Cork Factory on a Thursday and Friday night for pleasure, while visiting the Lancaster area, I really wanted to like this unique property, but I just couldn't. It's an example of a great idea that just fails from a lack of execution.

The room are huge, with very high ceilings, and lots of exposed brick. The bathrooms are small, but have great glass showers, and what I suspect to be softened water, which is great since I'm used to city water sourced from the Great Lakes, which is soft, versus well water.

The main problem was thin walls. At check-in, you must sign a strict "quiet time after 11pm" agreement. However any hotel where you can hear a normal voice conversation, television or even luggage zippers (not kidding) is very poorly designed. If you want quiet, avoid this property.

The continental breakfast was very good, but lacked the staff to clear the tables and restock the food. They were running ragged. No butter or margarine either morning.

The room had a great full closet like you would find in a suburban bedroom, but the mattress of cheap and hard. Not firm - hard.

The wiring in the room was very odd. A three-way wall switches controlled both bedside lights and the desk light. While another table light beside the chaise could only be turned on when all the other room lights were on. The HVAC worked well for such a large room with ceiling that I'm guessing were at least 16 feet high at the peak. Housekeeping wasn't bad, but how can they miss a half inch sized dead bug on the window sill that had been there for some time - see picture.

There is wireless internet, but it was slow to connect, and on my first night there my laptop picked up a virus that ended up costing me $100 to remedy.

In short, the concept is great, the property is interesting, but it sorely lacks as a viable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the cork factory for a few nights while we were in Lancaster. We loved it. Nice rooms. Very clean... They also had a complimentary continental breakfast that worked well.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Coasterchaser
Reviewed July 27, 2011

They spent mega millions on an old factory, turned it into a cool boutique hotel and it shows! It's close to downtown attractions and far away from the touristy Amish country hotels. Our room seemed brand new clean (but with the old style tube television). We liked the free parking and we loved the unadvertised complimentary breakfast every morning. Ask at the desk to see the book which showcases the renovations, and enjoy your stay!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TandemBikeRider
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cork Factory Hotel for a quick little weekend get away. I will start my review off with all of the good points, because there were many. However, there are also a few bad points and I'll get to those at the end.

The hotel itself was very nice and modern with lovely ambiance. I loved all of the exposed brick and wooden beams. We wanted a king room, but they were all booked, so we settled with the double queen. Our room was large, as was the bathroom, and both were very spotless & clean. The bed was comfortable and the bed linens all seemed fresh. And most importantly, since it was 100+ degrees outside while we were there - the AC in the room was ice cold!

Now on to the down side...when my husband booked the room he chose the "romance package" which was to include a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We did not receive either. He did inform the woman at the front desk, who he said was very apologetic and she did credit us for that and take a portion off of our bill, which I thought was a great gesture.

There were a few other little "nit-picky" things that bothered me. Our fridge was unplugged when we arrived, my husband plugged it in so it would be nice and cold when we came back to our room after venturing out to the country for a bit (he loves to get cheese and vegetables to bring back home whenever we're in Lancaster County). When we got back to our room a couple of hours later, the fridge wasn't even the least bit cool. There was a little coffee maker in our room, but the pot was missing. The remote for the television wouldn't change the channel unless you were standing within inches of the cable box.

What seemed to bother me the most during our stay was what I can only describe as a high pitched screechy buzz. It was horrible. As long as the TV was on or the AC was running the sound was undetectable, but otherwise it was quite annoying. My husband and I both shared the same thought the next morning...every time the AC stopped running during the night we would wake up to the screeching buzz and then fall back to sleep when the AC would kick back on.

All in all, the Cork Factory is a very lovely hotel and I would not be opposed to giving them another shot in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple