“We liked the Cork Factory Hotel!”
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Cork Factory Hotel
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel is an old factory which has been converted into a very nice hotel. These kinds of properties usually have a unique charm and atmosphere, and this one was no exception. There were a few quirks, but they were charming, and should be expected in a property like this. We had a handicapped room with a kind-size bed, which was apparently the last room they had available (we were walk-ins). The room was a large comfortable size. The bed and bedding were very comfortable, and we slept well. The room was very clean, and we liked the modern decor. The bathroom was huge (I suppose to accommodate wheelchairs), and was fully equipped for handicapped use. We didn't hear much noise during our stay, however in the morning we could easily hear someone walking around in the room above our room -- floor boards creaking, foot steps, etc. This didn't bother us at all, but I can imagine that it might bother someone who's sensitive to this kind of noise. Bathroom: Very nicely tiled and very clean, however there is no where practical to put your toiletries -- they should consider installing at least a shelf in addition to the towel rack near the sink. The restaurant: We had drinks and dinner in their restaurant, which we really enjoyed. The night we were there, the bar was fun and active, and the bartenders were helpful and charming! The restaurant was very good - we like the food and the service was professional and attentive. Overall, it was a good experience at the Cork Factory Hotel -- we recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Princess1043

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Such a cool place in Lancaster City. The breakfast was above and beyond what we expected. The hotel was beautifully done and very chic. Great place for the price!! Will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Megan M
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I am going to keep this brief.
Staff is extremely curt and unfriendly.
There are NO CURTAINS on the windows- only blinds, so if you're sensitive to light, tough luck, you will be woken up when the sun comes up. I guess curtains are a luxury.
There was a MURDER right across the streeet while we were there- I mean directly across the street! The news crew, police, yellow tape etc, and coroner were outside for 2 full days. Very shadey neighborhood.
They have no shower caps, toothpaste, or anything like that in case you forgot something, nor are there any stores within walking distance to buy them.
The gym has 4 old rusty machines with no airconditioning.
Do I even have to mention the lack of insulation for sound-proofing, since everyone else already did? Well, you can hear everything- I mean everything.
I went down to ask for a manager to speak with- but surprise surprise, there is no manager! No assistant manager, no GM- absolutely no one to speak with.
The restaurant downstairs closes at 9pm, so if you're hungry at 9:15- they won't let you in- and room-service- forget it! That is not an option.
The bathroom had hair all over the tub when we arrived. I went down to complain, and the front desk person was doubting what I said, saying that their housekeeping staff is very good. Yeah, well if they were so good, there wouldn't be hair all over the bathroom upon check in! We stayed for 3 nights- they never once vacuumed our room- despite the fact that we spilled some crumbs on the carpet, big obvious bread-crumbs, and they made the beds, but couldn't be bothered to vacuum.
Breakfast consisted of stale, day old pastries and bagels, and unripened fruit- and cold coffee. Disgusting- and there was no Dunkin' Donuts/Starbucks or anything where one could go to get a decent bagel and coffee, nevermind a real breakfast.
Water pressure in the shower was pretty minimal.
I left there exhausted, miserable, and sleep deprived.
Upon check-out the front desk person asked how our stay was, and I replied it was the worst hotel I've ever been to in my life, and I'm a very frequent traveler. She said ok, printed out my receipt and sent me on my way.
I'm not sure why she asked if she didn't really care.
I am writing this review to save the next weary traveler some money and aggravation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LolaEastGreenwich
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights. All the staff very friendly and helpful and the room clean and comfortable.
The location is ideal and The Cork Resturant offered some of the best meals I had in my stay in the USA.
A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sydsider58
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We had our wedding at the Cork Factory Hotel and stayed overnight. The wedding was wonderful - Lindsey, Tammy and Grace were all super helpful.

Our hotel room was spacious, modern, comfortable, and very clean. I appreciated their green initiatives and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding and loved the loft conversion. Clean, stylish and comfortable. Could use slightly more soundproofing, but otherwise wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank phillytraveler71
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I recommend this hotel to everyone. If you like history, this hotel is full of history. Amazingly clean, spacious, staff was wonderful. the restaurant was delicious. The breakfast was the best I have had. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends