“A Genuine British Pub”

Ranked #37 of 669 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

I’ve visited Quips several times over the past few years and it has always been a very pleasant experience. Plenty of parking, very friendly staff and great food. In particular, the Scotch Eggs (hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage and cooked with a Panko exterior) is really tasty. However, the Fish and Chips are truly outstanding. Flaky white fish deep fried in batter and served with chips (fries). Just in case we forgot this is a British pub, the fish and chips and served in newspaper - just like the Brits do. The sticky toffee pudding is amazing. Certainly worth a visit or two. Booking is recommended as they get really busy.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

Had the absolute privilege to finally check this place out. Can't tell you how many times I drove past it and thought about stopping in. Finally had the chance to when I met a friend from work for a few pints and some grub. WOW! The atmosphere and food what SO incredibly good! It had that old style British Pub feel to it. Hard local workers and classy people all around. Such a great experience! I will definitely be back!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 13, 2019

We visited Quips with friends on a cold night in January. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. The food was good (not great) and the beer selection was ample, with many British brews as expected. The food prices were pretty reasonable, too.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019

We have lived about a mile from this pub for the past twenty years. It always is too crowded when we have tried to stop in but tonight we headed out for an early dinner and chose Quips. It is much bigger then it looks, the food was very good and our waitress Sherry Ann was fantastic. We started with the soup of the day scallops, leeks and bacon. Excellent flavors. I opted for steamers and my husband opted for their famous fish and chips. Everything was very excellent. We ended the meal with hazelnut, coffee creme brulee, totally terrific!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank jmonson
Reviewed January 29, 2019

We’ve been by many times and it has had good reviews online so we decided to give it at try for dinner after looking at the menu online. After getting seated, our drinks, ordering, and the actual food took forever. No one seemed to be in a hurry to offer service other than the hostess who checked in several times and even got our drink order. When our food did arrive, my bangers and mash barely had any potatoes...I didn’t care as much as I could/should have as I was starving at that point, On top of that, some college kids came in and were yelling next to us. I realize it’s a pub on Saturday night, but it didn’t seem to be a college bar where all the constant yelling would be ok. It took 2 hours from the time we were seated until we were eating, and not because we spent time just chatting it up. This place has a lot of potential to be a cozy, enjoy-yourself pub, but there are a few things that need taken care of.

Date of visit: January 2019