“Shouldn't have waited twenty years to try.”
Review of Quips Pub

Quips Pub
Ranked #40 of 671 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2019

We have lived about a mile from this pub for the past twenty years. It always is too crowded when we have tried to stop in but tonight we headed out for an early dinner and chose Quips. It is much bigger then it looks, the food was very good and our waitress Sherry Ann was fantastic. We started with the soup of the day scallops, leeks and bacon. Excellent flavors. I opted for steamers and my husband opted for their famous fish and chips. Everything was very excellent. We ended the meal with hazelnut, coffee creme brulee, totally terrific!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank jmonson

Reviewed January 29, 2019

We’ve been by many times and it has had good reviews online so we decided to give it at try for dinner after looking at the menu online. After getting seated, our drinks, ordering, and the actual food took forever. No one seemed to be in a hurry to offer service other than the hostess who checked in several times and even got our drink order. When our food did arrive, my bangers and mash barely had any potatoes...I didn’t care as much as I could/should have as I was starving at that point, On top of that, some college kids came in and were yelling next to us. I realize it’s a pub on Saturday night, but it didn’t seem to be a college bar where all the constant yelling would be ok. It took 2 hours from the time we were seated until we were eating, and not because we spent time just chatting it up. This place has a lot of potential to be a cozy, enjoy-yourself pub, but there are a few things that need taken care of.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

I am a Brit. Don’t mind admitting it. I was taken to Quips by friends who had been to pubs with me on a trip to the UK to measure authenticity....

Quips lives up to the mark - a fantastic atmosphere, layout and decor even down to the bar towel collection on display.

An excellent range of beers and food on offer - very British through and through.

Fish and chips in real newsprint, bangers and mash and cottage pie that made me feel at home, alongside one of my favourite English beers Old Speckled Hen

Well done chaps as we would say . Needless to say, I will return

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Went to quips with friends for wing night. Place was busy. I had never been here before. That atmosphere was awesome old style pub and the bar is oval like in the center. They had great beer on tap. Im a yuengling lover so i stuck with what i know. My friend got a ale i think and said it was delicious. My wings were perfect. The presentation was beautiful. Our waitress seemed like she could use a kick in the butt and she forgot about our fries. in fact by the time she remembered them we were done with our wings. she did take the fries off the bill and thanked us for understanding even though we didn’t. she then confused the bills and we all paid for each others meals? we handed them to her correct and she swiped the wrong card for the wrong guest. lol Over all though i give the place a A because everyone has a off night. It would be unfair to give them a lower rating just because the waitress had a off night.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018

My friends and I went on Monday for the reduced price wings and we were not disappointed. I ordered garlic parm and salt and vinegar wings ad a Strongbow cider. Everything was excellent and you really do feel as though you are in a British pub.

Date of visit: August 2018
QuipsPub, Public Relations Manager at Quips Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Awesome!! Thank you Emily!! Our chicken wings are on point ... so glad you enjoyed them!! Cheers!