“World Cup”

Ranked #40 of 671 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We've been to Quips a few times for beer and pub grub. It's a cut above the typical pub menu and their scotch egg is a winner. We were extremely impressed when Quips put together an event for World Cup 2018 to watch the England game. Free appetizers/wings and opened before normal hours. It was a really nice event and patrons were clearly appreciative. Maybe England will advance at 2020 Euro Cup or 2022 World Cup and Quips will host more awesome events!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Whilst at the cork hotel we stumbled upon an English style pub opposite. Food was great, service was slick and we had a great time speaking to other customers

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

It had been two years since our last visit. It WILL NOT be that late by until our next one. Sat at the bar for a drink before dinner. Nice selection of beers on tap. So nice, we had two. Service was spot on!
Had the corner table for seating for dinner. Dinner was quite a surprise! The salad was fresh and House dressing was wonderful (green goddess). The fellas both had surf and turf and raved at how tender and flavorful the steaks were. I had the special, homemade Gnocchi with lamb and spinach in a red curry, it was fabulous. Our other dining companion had the chicken tikka masala and loved it, perfectly spiced. I had no room for dessert but had to order it....sticky toffee pudding. It was well worth it, cake was moist and the gooey sauce was warm and delicious. Yep, we will go back

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

All the British food I’ve had up until this point - including a few days spent in London - was mediocre at best. (Let’s be honest, the Brits aren’t known for their food) But this past Friday changed all that. We went for a date night. Busy lively pub. I got the fish & chips, husband got bangers & mash, both were excellent. The highlight however was the dessert. I’m pretty much a “chocolate only” kinda gal, if I’m gonna eat calories, I’m not gonna waste it on something that isn’t chocolate. However based on reviews here and the waitress’ recommendation, I got the sticky toffee pudding. OMG! It was to die for. It is the stuff of dreams. Drop what you are doing, right now, and head to Quips for the sticky toffee pudding, you can thank me later.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Wings were very good large but the garlic were only a garlic powder. Beer was good. Prices...okay for the special. Brussel sprouts were good friend like they did them.

Date of visit: March 2018