“real Irish fare with a new American twist” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quips Pub
Ranked #39 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, American
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Washington, DC
“real Irish fare with a new American twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Quips is a great little spot with great food and drink. Located in an historic building, the inside reminds you of a real Irish pub. The list of beers and ales is good and the food is excellent. Try some of the traditional Irish dishes. They're all good. But they also have good American bar food as well.

The best part may be the ambiance. Friendly people; good music (live bands on weekends!), and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012

New Jersey
“Great Lancaster restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were looking for someplace different to eat during our stay in Lancaster, and selected Quips Pub based on the recommendations in tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The chili appetizer and fish and chips were both outstanding.

• Visited October 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“British Pub bland british food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Last evening my Husband and I were out and about and decided to drop into Quips for dinner. We were less than thrilled with our experience. Service was slow to start, and once we ordered there was quite a delay in getting our meals. The food was just bland, lacking any kind of flavor profile. My husband ordered chicken wrapped in bacon which was dry, and was served with plain white rice, and not just regular white rice asian sticky rice which doesn't go with pub food. I ordered fish tacos which was the special. As is was spelled out it sounded as if it was going to be so flavorful, but not, no salt, no pepper, nothing to give it any taste. I had to use my husbands left over salad dressing to flavor it. They were served with black beans and rice.....Same sticky rice with black bean mixed in, same bland no salt taste and weird texture. I guess since they bill themselves as a British pub they are trying to live up to the reputation of British food, success on that level. Mixed up my husband beer, which the waitress made right. The highlight of the evening was we had a coupon so we didn't pay full price. Won't go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
“Awesome pub!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stopped by here both nights that I was in town. I loved the atmosphere. They had a good selection of beers. I also tried their pretzels with mustard dip and it was delicious. I would highly recommend this place.

Visited August 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
“Excellent pub food and brews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Quips has very good pub food- fish and chips are authentic, as are many English treats- bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, and a very good selection of beers by draft or bottle. I have never strayed from the standard pub food so can't comment on other entrees, I've been told their burgers are good. Take a little trip across the pond to Quips and save on the airfaire!

• Visited July 2012