Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Lancaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I always carry Clorox wipes with us when we do travel and unfortunately this time I had to use a lot of them. Everything was dirty, the doors, the handles, the walls & the tub alone had thick black mildew around the shower area. The rug was very dirty-stained and the one chair had "stuff" all over the back of it. You can tell that they do not have the proper cleaning staff. The manager did try and get it cleaned but we only saw a difference in the shower. This is a one and done for us! Very disappointed considering it's part of Wyndham!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Please accept my apology. What you experienced is not the Wyndham or Wingate standard. We have detailed cleaned your room to get it back to the standards expected of all our guests. Follow up with staff to emphasize the importance of reporting any stains out of the ordinary that require special attention was a topic of our recent department meeting. I hope that your review will drive home with the staff this importance.
Markham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

My family stayed 4 days/3 nights. I chose this hotel mainly for two reasons - price and guest rating. This is my first stay with Wyndham, so I have to compare my experience with other hotels. I booked the room through third party, I didn't have any bad experience with the reception ladies. However, even I mentioned this is my first stay with the hotel, she didn't say anything about Wyndham's reward program. I guess it must be absolutely necessary to book a room through Wyndham or you don't deserve it? I am quite satisfy with the room. We find the the toilet bowl hasn't been fully cleaned! Well, I guess that's supposed to happen at least once after every customer check out. Maybe not. But after all, compare with other hotels I have ever stayed, I have to say I am satisfied with the room. Clean enough, quite, air conditioning is fine, with a microwave, and the fridge works fine. TV remote control...I don't know if they have ever changed the battery or not. I end up going directly to the TV and press the buttons. Even so, I have never seen a TV change channel so slow. Every channel change is a pause of a second, not much, just a bit annoying, consider I am standing next to the TV and checking out the channels! If you would like to enjoy some hot drink like a tea, make sure you bring your own tea bag and kettle. The so call 'hot water' in the breakfast area is only warm, not hot. It is hot during the breakfast time only. So you have to boil your own water in the room. On the second last day of our stay, at the evening, my wife asked the reception if they have pepper mint tea bag, knowing that the kitchen area only have one green tea bag and some other tea bags that many people don't like. The only answer we got from the guy in the reception was 'Just over there'. That guy definitely didn't know or even bother to take a look what was available 'just over there'. We asked because we know they could have different types of tea bags as there were different types available on the first and second day. Breakfast is good. The breakfast area is roomy too. The location is also very convenient. Wifi has good signal too. For this price, this hotel is okay to stay. Just don't set your expectation too high.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for your thorough review. I agree with the statement that we can definitely be better. That starts with me and I am working for that goal. My hope is that next time you are in the area we will get a second chance and will show the improvement needed and be better than expected.