Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from a Wednesday to a Friday. The girl that was there when we checked in was extremely nice and helpful; I am sorry I did not get her name. Because there was 4 of us, she told us to check and let here know if we needed anything extra. We did need extra towels and shampoo and they were in the room when we returned later that evening. All the staff were very nice. The rooms were clean. and had a blow dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. It also had a little safe in the closet.

The breakfast in the morning was good, eggs, sausage, english muffins, yogurt, muffins, waffles, fresh fruit and cereal. They had extra seating in another room if it got crowded.

My only complaint would be that the whirlpool area closed at 9 PM. Same time as the outlet shops, so we never did get to use it. It would have been nice to get a soak in after all the shopping and walking.

The location is about 1 mile from Tanger and 1 1/2 miles from RockVale Outlets, right on Route 30. Our room faced the front of the building, almost directly over the lobby, but we didn't hear any traffic. Being that it was 95 degrees outside, the air condition worked wonderfully.

If we go back again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TwinJean318
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for writing so many details. I appreciate the effort and the feedback. I will pass you compliments to the front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staffs. We do close our whirlpool at 9:00 based on noise concerns. I understand your feelings and empathize having done a day of shopping in the outlets myself. I trust you found some good deals which is why you spent so much time shopping! Perhaps your next trip to the Wingate will be more relaxed and you can take advantage then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I spent one night here on a mini-vacation to the Lancaster area. The room was nicely appointed with mini-fridge, microwave, comfortable bedding, and nice furnishings. Check in was very simple and quick, even late at night. The front desk was accommodating to our need of extra towels and were pleasant to deal with. The room was very clean, and the free wi-fi worked great. Location along 30 was perfect for our trip to Dutch Wonderland and the outlets. Easy accessibility to many area attractions and restaurants. I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for our next stay in the Lancaster area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tkh3234
Thank you for your review. I agree that we have excellent bedding and have heard other guests compliment our beds as well. Being less than 1/2 mile from Dutch Wonderland has been beneficial for our guests since we opened. I look forward to hosting you again.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked last minute after reading many of the reviews here. It was centrally located to several places I wanted to see. It was clean, comfortable. The staff was very helpful and I found breakfast was plentiful and good. I will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Marie W
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad we were able to provide you with a pleasant visit to Lancaster. If you did not see everything, I hope we will see you again and provide another excellent experience.