“WEEKNEND STAY”

Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Hazlet, NJ
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my 10th time in Lancaster. The first time at this hotel. I brought 20 families with us for a dance competition. Check in staff was rude. They made a point to tell us we could not stay in the lobby with our kids. My room had stained towels and the carpets were damp. Kids were bored. Breakfast was ok. Coffee was not hot.

• Stayed May 2013
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The comments will be reviewed with appropriate staff to avoid similar situations in the future. I apologize for the cleanliness of the towels and the desk agents "rudeness". That is not the standard we strive to uphold. Service and friendliness are very important to Wingate and I. If we did not meet your expectations, I apologize. We did open one of our meeting rooms in the evening that was set with tables and chairs as a quiet gathering place for the dancers. Our lobby is open to the second level of guest rooms and the marble tile floor creates an echo that carries into these rooms. We do this courtesy when large groups of people gather in the lobby and the meeting room is not in use. I guess the desk agents did not communicate this to your group.
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Last weekend we went to Lancaster with 5 other families for a soccer tournament. We did not play until early Sunday morning so many of us were arriving late. Earlier in the week, one of the parents made arrangements with the Manager, Eric, for 5 rooms. Each family called in to confirm their individual room. We all got confirmation e-mails, with numbers. I was the first to arrive at the hotel at 7 at night, after traveling for 4 hours with my 4, 7 and 9 year old. The manager came out and told me that the hotel was oversold so they made arrangements for us to stay, at no charge, at a hotel down the street. Then lied to me and said that he had already contacted the organizer about this, which he had not. I asked him if this is the same caliber hotel as his, because we have stayed in some real dumps in Lancaster. He assured me it was. When I arrived at the other hotel, it was NOT the same caliber! It was infact a dump. I quickly called the marriot courtyard and made arrangements for my family and the other 4 to stay there. We are not picky people, I simply want a clean and kept up hotel. The did end up comping us at the Marriott, but the inconvenience was unacceptable, and we will not be making reservations at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
While it pains me to admit, we "failed" this group. I had a situation where the hotel was oversold by the same number of rooms as in this group. I attempted to make acceptable accommodations and came up short. I tried to recover and make it right and the original problem created was too much to overcome. I cannot apologize to this group enough for my mistakes. I completely understand their feelings and wish I could go back and make the changes in the beginning. Sometimes the solution that looks good on paper really is not the best one. I had an important learning experience and hope that some day this group will forgive my mistakes.
Coopersburg
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a great place to stay. The beds are most comfortable, with soft sheets. And as we entered the room, it smelled fresh and clean. What a pleasant surprise to also find a mini fridge & microwave. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family