A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast
$148
$116
  • Breakfast included
$74
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$87
$144
$115
Country Inn
$179
$106
ComfortInn
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$130
$116
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
All reviewsvictorian roomal denisebreakfast was deliciousfrench toast casserolehome away from homecountry suitewonderful hostslemon curdhomemade muffinsprivate porchapple ciderother guestslancaster areaentire househost and hostessfelt like homehighly recommend staying here
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Me and my girlfriend were looking for a good place to meet in the middle from where we live. She picked out this place for the name. Me and my girlfriend were greeted very openly and pleasantly to there place. Both Al and Denise both spent a many of times talking to us and giving ideas on where to go and which ways to get there the fastest. We liked the place so well that this is actually our second time being here, once for the New Years and second for my girlfriends birthday. All I can really say that everything that Denise made was excellent. For the birthday i had called ahead and asked for a small cake to surprise my girlfriend. When she showed it to me I was surprised on how big it was (we had plenty to take home). All the little touches and goodies that they had to snack on while we were there where all so good. When it was finally time to depart the goodies that were given to us for the ride home were wonderful. Thanks for suck a great experience. We will be back again, there's one room we haven't stayed in yet.

Room Tip: So far me and my girlfriend have stayed in all but the Victorian Room. There all equally well done. But for me out of the rooms that we've stayed in i favor the County Suite for the little extra space and the adjoining room to sit and relax. If you need extra room, The Victorian Room is the one you should grab.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I joined Al and Denise for our honeymoon, and again for our first anniversary. They go out of their way to make each person feel both at home and as a valued and honored guest, which is not easy. They are charming, accomodating, helpful, and superb hosts. The food is excellent, and the rooms are clean, festive and comfortable. They go to great lengths to attend to every detail. We will absolutely be returning.

Room Tip: The Victorian room has a private balcony, but the serenity room is wonderful for privacy indoors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at a New Beginning bed and Breakfast with my mom and sister on our Spring Break trip to Amish country, and we couldn't have chosen better! Al and Denise are charming hosts, and we returned from a busy day to fresh tarts, chocolates, and great conversation. The house was cozy, decorated in a Victorian farmhouse style with many pillows and gas fireplaces, and we were very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious — Denise made a 3-course breakfast, starting with strawberry-and-banana parfaits and then bringing out feta cheese and spinach omelets with hash browns and sautéed tomatoes, and finally bringing out warm apple cinnamon nut muffins, which by that time was so much food that she packed the muffins for us to bring for lunch. Al and Denise were thoughtful about everything, giving us water bottles before we headed out to the Amish markets and printing MapQuest directions to Hershey Park after we mentioned we were heading there the next day.

If we ever head in that direction again, there's no question that we'd choose to stay at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast! The value was excellent, and we felt pampered!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Annelise R
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Al and Denise could not have been more welcoming, generous, and hospitable hosts!

My room was quiet, cozy and impeccably clean with a comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious and very elegant with silver, china, and pretty linens. I was staying in the area for a conference and needed to be downtown early every day but they accommodated my need for an early and lighter breakfast. The baked oatmeal is a dream. When I finally had time for the full breakfast it was amazing stuffed french toast. When I couldn't finish all the food (there were muffins, too) they packed me a little snack for the day. So appreciated!

I hope to return again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I recently visited the Sight and Sound theater with another couple and their toddler and stayed 1 night at this lovely B&B. We had called ahead and made sure that they were able to accommodate a toddler. They were so nice and even set up a pack-n-play in the room so my friends didn't have to worry about setting one up themselves. Al and Denise were so friendly and very helpful with giving suggestions to dinner places and arranging for morning itinerary according to what we like. The room we stayed in was so clean and cozy and all the decorations showed their attention to the details into setting up the room with a particular theme. The breakfast was delicious and very filling. (best bacon I had in years) They even packed up some muffins for us to bring on the road. The fridge that is stocked with water and soft drinks was a welcomed surprise as we never really hydrate ourselves well while away from home.
We will try to make it into an annual tradition and stay with them again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family