“Ladies week-end”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ladies week-end”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

For 5 ladies week-end in Lancaster, PA we booked the rooms at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast. It was delightful. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and offered cider and yummy homebaked cookies. We were shown our rooms, given a little history and of each one and left to settle in. None of us had stayed at a B&B before and we found it warm and comforting. It truly did have all the comforts of home and then some. There was nothing I thought of that was not provided and that was without asking.

Al and Denise provided us with informaton for our visit, coupons, suggestions, directions and even called the restaurant to confirm our dinner reservations and a discount. They were relaxed to be around and conversation was easy and fun.

Breakfast was seasonal, delish and bountyful. I wanted to stay longer but even our one night left us refreshed and relaxed and in a better frame of mind than when we arrived.

Lancaster has much to offer and this B&B is close to everything, a short drive should take you wherever you want to go.

Do it. You won't be sorry. I want to go back . . .

Room Tip: There are 4 bedrooms - each one is a bit different with different accomodations. The largest room h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ANewBeginningB, Owner at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Jayne - you ladies made ME laugh! It was so nice to meet all of you and get to know you a bit even though you were only here for one night. It is so special when friends can spend time together and go places like the five (5) of you do. How fun is that! We were happy to welcome you all into our home and make you 'relax' as you all did and it is so cool to hear laughter coming from the veranda when friends are together. Al & Denise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife found this delightful gem of a place while searching the web for a bed and breakfast. We stayed four nights. It is as good as all the reviews we read and more. At the end of a sightseeing day My wife and I would say let's go home . A new beginning was as welcoming and comfortable as home and Denise and Al felt like old friends. Denise had excellent recomendations and directions for places to visit and places to eat. When we revisit the area I know where we will stay.

Alvin and Mary Youngsma
PS Denise makes an awesome breakfast. Try it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alvin and Mary - I looked for you on the day you left, waiting for you to come 'home' but then you really did go home! Love hearing stories of our guests lives and you both had some interesting stories to tell. We enjoyed having you here with us and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Al & Denise
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is a really wonderful house with a very cosy feeling to it. It is also in a great location. The best part however was the couple running the bed and breakfast. We ran into some bad luck with the water in our room, but they did everything they could do to be accommodating. I really appreciated it and if I am ever in that part of the country again I will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ANewBeginningB, Owner at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Congratulations on your nuptials Benjamin and Haruka! We are so happy that you stayed with us for your honeymoon week. Thanks for your understanding with 'the water issue' and we are happy that you both enjoyed your stay with us.
Continued success with your teaching and may you both enjoy a happy and long life together.
Fishersville, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I just returned home after spending three wonderful days and nights at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast. I can't say enough good things about our stay there. It is a warm and charming B&B that is beautiful, comfortable and cozy. Al and Denise are such a joy to be around and by the end of our visit I felt that I had known them forever. We stayed in the Victorian room which was just lovely. Very clean and had all the amenities one could want. Loved the breakfasts! Didn't want to leave but we will undoubtedly go back and won't even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were very nice. The Victorian room does have it's own private veranda.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ANewBeginningB, Owner at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Alan & Deedra, thank you for taking the time to write a review for A New Beginning! Al & I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and it was so good getting to know you both. It is wonderful to connect with our guests the way we have connected with you.
We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Lancaster area.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I and two of my cousins (also sisters) came to Lancaster to celebrate my sister's birthday. None of us had every stayed in a bed and breakfast, and I thought it would be a nice change. Boy are we spoiled now! I picked A New Beginning because of the location and the reviews, and I have to say, the reviews did not exaggerate. We stayed two nights, and everything about the experience was top notch. The house was welcoming, well appointed with amenities, and beautifully maintained. Breakfasts were amazing, and Denise even shared her recipes and told us where to buy the bacon we enjoyed so much. Al and Denise were both extremely hospitable and helpful with precise directions to local attractions, discount coupons, great restaurant recommendations, and even made dinner reservations for us. My sister said everything about the trip was "perfect", and it all started at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast. Thanks, Al and Denise, for making us feel at home and so well cared for. We'll look forward to seeing again the next time we visit. Becky, Bonnie, Sherry and BJ

Room Tip: We used all four rooms, and every one was great. Especially liked the Victorian with the attached p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We enjoyed having you and your 'sisters' stay with us for your own sister's birthday weekend. You have me thinking about doing the same thing with my sisters - getting together for 'that' milestone weekend. Thank you girls for the laughs and the great stories from when you were growing up together. What wonderful times to remember - thanks so much for sharing!
Hyde Park, Vermont
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in many B & B's over the past 8 years. By far this was the best. Felt right at home as soon as we walked in. The main floor was beautifully decorated and owners Al & Denise welcomed you in like family. Our room was nicely decorated and clean. As we pocked around, the three others rooms were the same. Can't wait to stay in the one on the second floor with the deck. Breakfast was great too! What makes this B & B so great are the owners! They are friendly, caring and sweet people, so refreshing. We are looking forward to staying there again. You can't beat the price, either!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ANewBeginningB, Owner at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Peter & Lori – Thanks for the wonderful review! We enjoyed sitting and talking with your both about everything! It is so nice to connect with our guests in the way we connected with you and I think it may be because you remind us of our good friend Joan who has a daughter named Lori! Hopefully your trip home was uneventful (unlike the trip down :o) Thank you for staying with us, writing the review and hopefully we will see you again.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting nearby Franklin & Marshall and picked a New Beginning B&B because it was on the recommended lodging list provided by the college. After driving 5 hours it was delightful to stay there for the night. Al and Denise couldn't be more friendly and welcoming with restaurant recommendations and information about Lancaster and F & M. We stayed in the Victorian room and had a great night's sleep and awoke to homemade french toast stuffed with lemon curd and homemade raspberry syrup - best we ever had!! We skipped lunch we were so full from our yummy breakfast and enjoyed our chocolate chip muffins (Denise provided "to go") on our long ride home. Lovely place and sure to be our parent's weekend lodging if our daughter chooses to go to F&M. Thanks for a memorable stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kathy & Sofia – Thanks for the wonderful review! It was so great that you took the time to write about A New Beginning. It was great having you both stay with us even for just a short time. Perhaps Sofia will be attending F&M next year and we will be seeing more of you! Thank you for staying with us, writing the review and hopefully we will see you again.