“A new beginning for a new year”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Lehighton, Pennsylvania, United States
“A new beginning for a new year”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this bed and breakfast on December 20, 2011. it was a wonderful experience. The room was beautiful,with a fireplace and a veranda. The house was decorated very nicely. Al and Denise, the owers, were very friendly and welcoming. They spent a lot of time talking with us. The breakfast was delicious. We are looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My mother and I recently stayed at A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast and we had a great stay. Denise and Al (the owner's) were very friendly, helpful and full of information about the area. They gave us many suggestions about places to go, where to eat dinner, coupons for local attractions and maps with directions to each place. When we returned they served yummy snacks, coffee and juice.

The room was very clean, comfortable,and well decorated. They served early morning coffee, with the local newspaper in the living room area in front of a beautiful fire place and then a great breakfasts a little later.

My mother had never stayed at a B&B and it was a very good experience for both of us. I would recommend this to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank darsahappytraveler
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2011

we went their for patricia birthday al and denise made it a wonderful time Denise had cider and muffins waiting for us after long drive... she talked to us getting to know us and gave us suggestion for places to see and eat... If your anywhere by lancaster you need to come stay a few days or week.... we will be back it like visiting famiy they make you feel at home... the breakfast was out of this world.... We have too come back stay longer next time.....
thank you for making this one of our most memoriable vacations

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice we got upgraded to victorain room have balcony which was nice This bed and br...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Beautiful home, very personable hosts, amazing breakfasts, perfect location for freeway and downtown Lancaster. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: There is a little road noise, but minimal. Rooms toward the back are peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hjmsgirl
New York
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I love to stay in bed and breakfasts whenever possible during our vacations, therefore this review comes from someone who has much experience with the B&B industry. Specifically, we have been to Lancaster, PA several times as a couple, and I must say that "A New Beginning," is by far the best B&B we have ever vacationed in. First, the rooms were immaculately clean, adorably decorated, and super comfy. I am telling you...you cannot find a better B&B for the price they offer!!! Usually when you see cheaper rates on rooms you assume the quality is not as good...BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE HERE....I PROMISE!! Second, the breakfasts were wonderful, with much attention to details in place settings and in choice of food (Denise's stuffed french toast and egg frittata were delicious). Lastly, both Al and Denise were incredibly hospitable. We never felt like we were bothering them or asking too much of them. Rather, it was obvious they received a tremendous amount of joy in opening up their home to us and the other guests. There is so much more to say, but to sum it up...if you are planning a stay in Lancaster for a weekend getaway, you are missing out if you pass on staying at Al and Denise's B&B. Trust me, you don't want to regret not reserving your accommodations at "A New Beginning." We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Americana Room was great. A little smaller than the other rooms, but definitely sufficient for a co...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mishmosh14
Little Neck, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2011

On one hand, there do not seem to be enough words to describe how wonderful of an experience my family had. On the other, I could go on and on about it. “A New Beginning” was charming. As someone who is extremely uptight about cleanliness (I bring my own towels, sometimes sheets, on vacation), I was very impressed with how well-kept the entire facility was and how clean our room was upon arrival and how it was kept that way by a daily freshening up by our wonderful hostess. The bed was so comfortable. Another great treat was the amazing breakfast served—each day something new and beyond tasty. We never had to buy lunch the three days we were there because of how full we were. I loved the attention to details—from the décor in the rooms to new dishes used every day. Fresh treats and a drink awaited us each night after we had a long day out. And though there is so much more I could write, finally, what really set this place as top-notch was how warm and friendly the owners—Al and Denise—are. So much so that our seven-year-old son has not yet stopped talking about “Ms. Denise” since we left. I very much love to try new places on each vacation, but there is no doubt in my mind my family feels satisfied in only returning to “A New Beginning” for any future visits to Lancaster. I cannot imagine not having beautiful conversations with Al or Denise, the fresh-baked goodies, and so forth. And just how my son responded to Denise speaks volumes of how it is not just a business—but a true home-like feeling. You will not be disappointed. (And the going-away gift upon our departure was a sweet touch!)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Elissa C
Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2011

When someone is doing something they love, it shows. This the case with Denise and Al and their B&B. I just had a great stay with them.

The rooms are spacious and extremely clean and comfortable. There are ample pillows, blankets, and towels, and your room is freshened/cleaned in the morning just as in a hotel. The bathroom and vanity had great lighting (something of a rarity), and the water pressure was way more than adequate. My room had comfortable places to sit as well as a lovely outside veranda.

The breakfasts were gourmet-quality and ample. Extras like the delightful goody bag, fridge with soft drinks, and home-made afternoon snacks really make a huge difference. The caring and passion for making your stay a great one come through in everything Denise and Al do.

Denise even called ahead to a restaurant to make sure I'd get a seat.

Their location is perfect--if you're up for it, you can walk to Lancaster's shops, restaurants, and galleries in about 30 minutes. It's just under two miles.

I would absolutely stay there again and feel no need to try any of the other B&Bs in the area.

Room Tip: The Victoria Room has the nice veranda.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo