“Golden Opportunity” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Golden Opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Beautiful home, very personable hosts, amazing breakfasts, perfect location for freeway and downtown Lancaster. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: There is a little road noise, but minimal. Rooms toward the back are peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hjmsgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I love to stay in bed and breakfasts whenever possible during our vacations, therefore this review comes from someone who has much experience with the B&B industry. Specifically, we have been to Lancaster, PA several times as a couple, and I must say that "A New Beginning," is by far the best B&B we have ever vacationed in. First, the rooms were immaculately clean, adorably decorated, and super comfy. I am telling you...you cannot find a better B&B for the price they offer!!! Usually when you see cheaper rates on rooms you assume the quality is not as good...BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE HERE....I PROMISE!! Second, the breakfasts were wonderful, with much attention to details in place settings and in choice of food (Denise's stuffed french toast and egg frittata were delicious). Lastly, both Al and Denise were incredibly hospitable. We never felt like we were bothering them or asking too much of them. Rather, it was obvious they received a tremendous amount of joy in opening up their home to us and the other guests. There is so much more to say, but to sum it up...if you are planning a stay in Lancaster for a weekend getaway, you are missing out if you pass on staying at Al and Denise's B&B. Trust me, you don't want to regret not reserving your accommodations at "A New Beginning." We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Americana Room was great. A little smaller than the other rooms, but definitely sufficient for a co...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mishmosh14
Little Neck, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

On one hand, there do not seem to be enough words to describe how wonderful of an experience my family had. On the other, I could go on and on about it. “A New Beginning” was charming. As someone who is extremely uptight about cleanliness (I bring my own towels, sometimes sheets, on vacation), I was very impressed with how well-kept the entire facility was and how clean our room was upon arrival and how it was kept that way by a daily freshening up by our wonderful hostess. The bed was so comfortable. Another great treat was the amazing breakfast served—each day something new and beyond tasty. We never had to buy lunch the three days we were there because of how full we were. I loved the attention to details—from the décor in the rooms to new dishes used every day. Fresh treats and a drink awaited us each night after we had a long day out. And though there is so much more I could write, finally, what really set this place as top-notch was how warm and friendly the owners—Al and Denise—are. So much so that our seven-year-old son has not yet stopped talking about “Ms. Denise” since we left. I very much love to try new places on each vacation, but there is no doubt in my mind my family feels satisfied in only returning to “A New Beginning” for any future visits to Lancaster. I cannot imagine not having beautiful conversations with Al or Denise, the fresh-baked goodies, and so forth. And just how my son responded to Denise speaks volumes of how it is not just a business—but a true home-like feeling. You will not be disappointed. (And the going-away gift upon our departure was a sweet touch!)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Elissa C
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

When someone is doing something they love, it shows. This the case with Denise and Al and their B&B. I just had a great stay with them.

The rooms are spacious and extremely clean and comfortable. There are ample pillows, blankets, and towels, and your room is freshened/cleaned in the morning just as in a hotel. The bathroom and vanity had great lighting (something of a rarity), and the water pressure was way more than adequate. My room had comfortable places to sit as well as a lovely outside veranda.

The breakfasts were gourmet-quality and ample. Extras like the delightful goody bag, fridge with soft drinks, and home-made afternoon snacks really make a huge difference. The caring and passion for making your stay a great one come through in everything Denise and Al do.

Denise even called ahead to a restaurant to make sure I'd get a seat.

Their location is perfect--if you're up for it, you can walk to Lancaster's shops, restaurants, and galleries in about 30 minutes. It's just under two miles.

I would absolutely stay there again and feel no need to try any of the other B&Bs in the area.

Room Tip: The Victoria Room has the nice veranda.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank AKAZengi
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

The moment I arrived, I knew I had something special that was definitely out of the ordinary. I was genuinely welcomed by Al and Denise Ricci. They are truly amazing people. You could only hope that every place you stayed in, whether it be a B&B, Hotel, Motel, or vacation rental, was this WARM, INVITING, CLEAN, AND SPECIAL!! The rooms are beautiful and more than spacious and accomodating. Not to mention comfortable! The breakfasts are very personalized to your taste. That is a MUST with them. You are truly pampered in every aspect of the word. They are extremely gracious beyond measure!! If you want to talk in the mornings, they are not afraid to share their time with you. Actually, they are available most anytime, for any reason. If you are on the quiet side, they most certainly respect that. Everything is really from the heart! They have plenty of brochures for area sights and attractions, as well as very informative themselves. They go well beyond what a typical Bed and Breakfast would give. You come in as a very welcomed guest and leave as part of the family. I would recommend A New Beginning to anyone that wanted more than their money's worth and truly a fantastic stay. You WILL NOT be disappointed. W.W.

Room Tip: You need not look any further, really!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at New Beginnings. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys being pampered and treated royally. Al and Denise did a wonderful job of making us feel comfortable and welcome.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at A New Beginning B&B. Denise and Al are so personable and the couples there were so nice. I have celiac disease and cannot eat gluten. Denise had some sort of dessert for me every night that was gluten free and then I also ate what everyone else did except in a gluten free version. This made the stay even more special.
We loved it and plan to go back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple