“Worst hotel ever ”

Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
New York
“Worst hotel ever ”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with daughter for volleyball tournament in town. Entire team stayed here. Worst hotel experience we have ever had, ever. The hotel is filthy, the furniture is worn and the sheets had blood on them. I can't believe this hotel is still flagged as a brand. Seemed like the front office staff are used to dealing with complaints and issues. Card keys opened up multiple doors and also when we opened up our room, people were already in the room. This place is really horrible. City was sold out so had no choice. Better off sleeping in your car if you're booked in this hotel.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank DaveVNewYork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lancaster
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Check in went Okay. Shortly after checking in I departed the room and did not return until around 9 at night. Shortly after returning I noticed the TV was not working so I called the front desk who told me the maint. man was not there and they would send someone in the morning. Shortly after that I went to bed when I discovered there were hairs in the bed. Some of them appeared to be longer like head hair and others appeared to be pubic. I called the front office at that time and they really did not offer any remedy. I told them it was disgusting and I will stop down in the morning. I did stop down in the morning and spoke to the manager who apologized and said someone would be in to clean the beds and check the TV. I then departed for the day and after returning around 10 pm Saturday night and shortly after went to watch TV bit it was not working. I called the office and complained once again and at that point they told me the TV could not be fixed because the cable was cut when they were doing construction. Why they did not inform me of that the day before I don't know. They then offered me another room. I then thought do I really want to pack all my stuff and move at 11 pm to another room. I decided to move because I was concerned that I would be awaken early by the construction. I then decided to move. It was room with a king bed. The room appeared to be a little newer but shortly after moving in I discovered when I went to put some refrigerated things away there was no refrigerator and then when I went to take a shower the bath mat that was on the edge of the tub was soaking wet. I went to bed and was happy to leave the next morning. The manager compensated me $15.00 a night which was pretty insulting. Construction noise, hairs, no refrig., broken TV, wet mat, etc..I have stayed at other Days Inn before but this one was unacceptable. This place needs to take a serious look on who they employ and their customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Wilmington
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our second stay at this Days Inn.. Our first stay was disappointing in that they were renovating the rooms. Unfortunately, we were in on that had not been renovated. This time we were in a room that met our standards except for one thing- the shower could not be turned on. I reported this at checkout and the clerk immediately wrote down the info. and room number. I hope it will be taken care of speedily. They do seem to be trying to improve.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Kay E. S
Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Bath water was no better than lukewarm. Breakfast was just sad, terrible pastries, bad coffee.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo