“Improved Rooms”

Days Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our second stay at this Days Inn.. Our first stay was disappointing in that they were renovating the rooms. Unfortunately, we were in on that had not been renovated. This time we were in a room that met our standards except for one thing- the shower could not be turned on. I reported this at checkout and the clerk immediately wrote down the info. and room number. I hope it will be taken care of speedily. They do seem to be trying to improve.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kay E. S

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Bath water was no better than lukewarm. Breakfast was just sad, terrible pastries, bad coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff here are very friendly and the internet service is great. HOWEVER, I have never had to clean my own room before I brought my things in the room. The toilet was dusty and had unidentified hairs all over it. Hairs all over the shower too, I had to wipe it down before I would step foot in it. There was spilled sugar all over the sink and the sink wasn't even wiped out. Just above the sink the popcorn ceiling is falling off, it's a beautiful moldy green color underneath. The refrigerator my company rented for me only heats up - and it smells like fish gone bad. I finally just gave up and unplugged it. It was also placed right in front of the sink when I arrived, and being alone on business at 7 months pregnant, believe me, moving that thing was the first thing I wanted to do upon my arrival at 10 pm after a 4 hour drive. Breakfast was comical as well. I know its cheap continental so I wasn't expecting bacon and eggs or anything, but the milk was in a coffee thermos, the toaster didn't toast, and at 6:30 - there was no fruit left though it was very busy, one other person there and all. Bottom line, if you waste your money here - at least bring your own food - and cooler apparently. I feel bad my company had to pay for this dump, thank goodness I didn't. Overall, its dusty, the mirrors are all smeary, the old school tvs remind one of what life was like 10 years ago, and it looks as if it hasn't had a good vacuuming in years. The only other nice thing I can say is that the bed was comfortable and the towels were clean. Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else. I have stayed in "economical" hotels before, but this one wins hands down for the grossest. I'm surprised its still open.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business