“This hotel is falling apart! Dirty and unkept too”

Days Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Days Inn before, but after this visit, wont be doing it again. This hotel looked like it was on it's last legs and the pictures from the web must be 10 years old. Dirty mattresses by the entrance, pool had cracked, chipped concrete, torn outdoor carpeting, overgrown bushes and dead bushes, a laundry cart (with dirty linens) sat outside our room for 3 days, there was hairs by our coffee maker which sat by the bathroom sink, our mattress was torn and lumpy, the continental breakfast had a waffle maker that took 2.5 minutes to make your own waffle - not fun waiting behind 10 people to make 1 waffle, juices were watered down, we got locked out of our room and had to have the key re-activated. The "gym" smelled to high heaven and had a pillow and blanket on the floor like someone slept there. When we went to talk to the front desk about our stay, they weren't even concerned and happened to be OUT OF COMMENT cards too? Oh, and when we arrived, the staff were eating at the front desk. Hmmmm. Sorry, I'm usually pretty nice about reviews, but for the health and safety of others.... I would NOT recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberley E
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Lancaster

995 - 1,001 of 1,225 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Do not try to check in early! RUDE staff (not all but one specific desk clerk). Some of the rooms are in SERIOUS need of renovation, others are quite nice! Make sure you ask for a Non-smoking room and don't expect too much chlorine in the pool! Over-all, not terrible. Price is right.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rkjs222
Reviewed June 8, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Worst room ever. When complained, manager denied room was dirty. I then showed her pictures of the TWO trash cans filled with dirty diapers, hair in tub, towels hanging behind door, etc. She said someone must have a master key and put this in there after they cleaned. Sure?
First of all, when we arrived you had our names wrong and you put half our group in the wrong room. We had to keep repeating that our name was different AND the credit card info was wrong. I had to keep repeating the information. Right in front of the Manager, Paula Franklin. We had to move our rooms around to be near the other people in our party.
When we got to this room, my wife took the bed spread off the beds because they were so dirty. We couldn't let our son take a bath because the tub was so dirty and the amount of hair was gross. There were two trash cans above the tv on the entertainment center. We didn't look in them until the morning because we were too scared. My wife wouldn't even sleep in this room. When we did look in the trash cans we were sickened to find both were loaded with dirty diapers.
We went to the front desk to inform the staff. Manager Franklin denied the rooms were dirty. I then showed her the pictures and even emailed them to her. She told us that we would get 10% off because of our inconvenience. I was so shocked that I walked away. I sent an email about this informing that I would be contacting corporate.
I did get reciepts for both rooms with my name on them. Upon closer inspection, the one room had the wrong credit card info and the address of the other similarly named people.
I called by phone on Tuesday morning to talk to the owner or manager. Manager PAula Franklin did answer my call and thanked me for advising them of the error in credit card info. She was very rude when I asked her about the discount on the room and would not let me talk to the "Manager in Charge" or the Owner, who both apparently were on the premises but unavailable. I'm hoping they were helping to clean the rooms and or fire the staff that allowed the terrible conditions to exist.
Paula assured me that she would have the owner call me. I waited one week to fill out this survey and still have not heard from the owner, manager or even Paula.
The card numbers on the receipts are inaccurate.
LAstly, when you sent me this email asking me to fill out your survey you got my name wrong. Terrible service all around.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked a couple of rooms for my graduation on May 11th. After reading the reviews I feared that I made a horrible mistake. However, I was pressured to select lodging due to lack of availability at nicer hotels. Here is the results of our stay. The front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful. Paula the Assistant Manager was awesome and breakfast was a plus. The rooms were not as clean as I would expect. Front desk staff are identifiable but not the housekeeping staff. Most importantly sheets were not clean and towels needed to be tossed. The refrigerator had mold in it and the bathroom definitely needs to be updated. There was mold in the tub area and on the ceiling. The air conditioning unit was very noisy and in the room booked for our son and his children there was a pair of uncleaned underwear under the bed. Front desk staff made the stay tolerable. Karole

• Stayed: May 2013