“Worst Experience Ever”

Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Somerset
“Worst Experience Ever”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Worst room ever. When complained, manager denied room was dirty. I then showed her pictures of the TWO trash cans filled with dirty diapers, hair in tub, towels hanging behind door, etc. She said someone must have a master key and put this in there after they cleaned. Sure?
First of all, when we arrived you had our names wrong and you put half our group in the wrong room. We had to keep repeating that our name was different AND the credit card info was wrong. I had to keep repeating the information. Right in front of the Manager, Paula Franklin. We had to move our rooms around to be near the other people in our party.
When we got to this room, my wife took the bed spread off the beds because they were so dirty. We couldn't let our son take a bath because the tub was so dirty and the amount of hair was gross. There were two trash cans above the tv on the entertainment center. We didn't look in them until the morning because we were too scared. My wife wouldn't even sleep in this room. When we did look in the trash cans we were sickened to find both were loaded with dirty diapers.
We went to the front desk to inform the staff. Manager Franklin denied the rooms were dirty. I then showed her the pictures and even emailed them to her. She told us that we would get 10% off because of our inconvenience. I was so shocked that I walked away. I sent an email about this informing that I would be contacting corporate.
I did get reciepts for both rooms with my name on them. Upon closer inspection, the one room had the wrong credit card info and the address of the other similarly named people.
I called by phone on Tuesday morning to talk to the owner or manager. Manager PAula Franklin did answer my call and thanked me for advising them of the error in credit card info. She was very rude when I asked her about the discount on the room and would not let me talk to the "Manager in Charge" or the Owner, who both apparently were on the premises but unavailable. I'm hoping they were helping to clean the rooms and or fire the staff that allowed the terrible conditions to exist.
Paula assured me that she would have the owner call me. I waited one week to fill out this survey and still have not heard from the owner, manager or even Paula.
The card numbers on the receipts are inaccurate.
LAstly, when you sent me this email asking me to fill out your survey you got my name wrong. Terrible service all around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked a couple of rooms for my graduation on May 11th. After reading the reviews I feared that I made a horrible mistake. However, I was pressured to select lodging due to lack of availability at nicer hotels. Here is the results of our stay. The front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful. Paula the Assistant Manager was awesome and breakfast was a plus. The rooms were not as clean as I would expect. Front desk staff are identifiable but not the housekeeping staff. Most importantly sheets were not clean and towels needed to be tossed. The refrigerator had mold in it and the bathroom definitely needs to be updated. There was mold in the tub area and on the ceiling. The air conditioning unit was very noisy and in the room booked for our son and his children there was a pair of uncleaned underwear under the bed. Front desk staff made the stay tolerable. Karole

• Stayed May 2013
Mathias, West Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked a room at your hotel for our 31st anniversary getaway. Once we arrived we were greeted with a welcome smile from the receptionist at the desk. She gave us our room key and we drove around to our room. Little disappointed in the room. My husband went to the front to let them know and the manager Rom, came out and showed us another room which we found to be ok. He decided that we should be upgraded to a suite!!!!! That was so nice of him. Once we were in the room getting settled, there was a knock on the door, to our surprise the girl at the front desk was standing there with a cake reading happy anniversary. We had a wonderful time and really want to thank Rom for making us feel so welcome there!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Reserve the suit!!!!!! Awesome room with a jacuzzi!!!!!!!!