“Cleanliness of Room”

1  Thank TANYA G

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnlancaster, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The pictures on the web site were very deceptive. We arrived late at night. The lobby was updated and very nice looking. The room that we were given was dirty, outdated and the bathroom smelled like urine. Would not recommend this facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would like to apologize to you for any issues and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. If you have not yet spoken to hotel management and you would like to, please feel free to call us and discuss these problems in further detail. We would hope that we could resolve your disappointment you had with your stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We checked in late evening after travelling from Canada with my elderly parents, were assigned 2 rooms, and got my parents settled first. We booked this hotel based on online pictures advertising. It was supposed to be a night's stay to celebrate my son's wedding the next day. The hotel was smelly, the rooms were dirty, pillows smelled of urine, the pool was empty even though advertised a pool in season (it was still summer!). Immediately I went to front desk to ask for a refund so we could go somewhere else. Bob at front desk sat back, crossed his arms, and smirked at me, then told me we would not get a refund because that would mean they would have to clean the room again. I said it was not clean in the first place. After an infuriating conversation with him led me nowhere but back to my room, we decided to hope for no bed-bugs and go immediately to sleep and leave directly in the morning, then deal with it after the wedding. The hotel did not even send anyone to the room to see if our complaints were valid, or even to clean it. For the past 3 weeks we have been back and forth with customer service at Days Inn corporate because the manager refuses to return any calls or emails to me. Even customer service did not help me.
So, RUDE/ DIRTY/SMELLY is all I have to report on this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sly10011012

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed two nights. Checked in by the most unfriendliest front desk employee. The experience was as if i interrupted hm and he was tired of sayin the same welcome speech to the guests checking in. We reserved a non-smoking 2 double bed room. Our # of guests changed and asked at check in if they had any king rooms left. Was told they were full and gave us out key. We went to our room and as soon as you open the door.... WAHM! The smell of smoke. We called to complain that we reserved a non-smoking room, and Mr. Friendly at the front desk said that is what he gave us and was no help. The smell was strong enough it looked like the cleaning lady slipped a non-smoking sign in the room to fill the # of reservations. The beds are definitely full size and remind me of cots. The alarm clock was broken, the material of the bedding made us itch. And yes we checked for bed bugs and did not see any......

Overall the room was an average room with basics. They definitely did not go out of their way to spruce the rooms up. Continitental breakfast was a typical free breakfast with make your own waffles.

If I was able to do my stay all over again, we would of gone somewhere else.

Room Tip: Listen to tripadvisor reviews. They are usually right on.....
2  Thank Eric B
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed one night and had made a reservation online. Check in was quick and friendly, the lobby area is quite nice, heading back around the corner to our room was a different look. The room had been remodeled with king-size bed and nice furnishings. The tv could have been replaced as well.
Breakfast was abit disappointing with Danish, 2 cereal choices and instant oatmeal.... Toast and English muffins and a few pieces of fruit. We opted for a hot breakfast and headed down the road a few miles to a Waffle House.
An average hotel and an average stay, nothing to rave about.....

Room Tip: Choose a room towards back of hotel, farther away from street.
1  Thank GRLZHD
Reviewed September 25, 2012

When we arrived at the Inn, the computer was down. Not their fault, but 4 couples were left waiting in the foyer. When I asked if it made any difference if we paid by cash - the gentleman at the desk spoke very slowly - in an unacceptable manner, that the computers were down. Had it been me, I would've suggested to have a seat or perhaps to assign a room & once the computer was active, I could come back to the front desk to set up my account. At 4 am, a truck left the parking lot, in reverse. The back up noise was disturbing. Before 7 a bus load of people left & as our room was at the top of the stairs, the area was busy & no one seemed able to carry their luggage down the stairs, but we heard the thunk, thunk,thunk going down the steps. I suggest you get a room in the interior of the courtyard overlooking the pool (which was empty) & not near a stairwell. The food & the comfortable bed were the only positives. Hot waffles, English muffins & the coffee was great.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard rooms would be quieter, not near a stairwell.