Comfort Suites Amish Country
$179
$116
  • Breakfast included
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$106
$130
$120
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
Hotels.com
All reviewswafflesamish countryfront deskthe breakfast areasmall indoor poolbreakfast attendantdutch wonderlandsitting arealincoln highwaychoice hotelswaffle makerfree breakfastamerican music theaterpull out sofavery nice hotelhot breakfastonly stayed one night
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, checking in on a Thursday night and checking out on a Saturday night. I was really excited from the breakfast because of all the great reviews on Tripadvisor. However, breakfast was over by 10:00 am on Friday, which I thought was pretty early, but understood since it was a weekday, and I think breakfast ended at 10:30 am on Saturday morning, which I thought was actually pretty early for a weekend. But, let me tell you, SKIP THE BREAKFAST! I am not over eggagerating when I say it is nothing more than artifical crap. I had one bite of the eggs and they literally crumbled in my mouth and I had to spit them out right away. They must have been by far the WORST eggs I have ever consumed at a free continental hotel breakfast. They did have a waffle maker, which was ok, I had a waffle, some raisin bran, and I tried a really gross extra moist muffin (the small kind that when you touch the top or the sides, big chunks of muffin is stuck to your fingers). They also had some weird circular slices of ham that were sitting in a chafing dish of water, it looked so diseased. The coffee was not even real coffee, it definitly taste like Folders Instant Coffee. I was sooo repulsed. I couldn't even have a decent cup of coffee! They have no idea how much money they could save if they just bought fresh eggs locally and make it daily instead of putting some egg powder and water in a chafing dish, or if they could just brew real coffee. Ugh, it was so gross and definitly not worth the calories or your time. On Saturday morning, we went to Bob Evans which serves a delicious, well priced breakfast with tasty, fresh brewed coffee and a very friendly wait staff to start your day off right, and it is just down the road, close to the hotel, so it was very convenient for us.

On the up side, the room looked clean, but I saw a black hair on top of the cover of the toilet seat when we walked in, so that was pretty gross. Also, the bed was very comfortable and we got a large room for a reasonable price. The staff was also very friendly and accomodating. We had trouble adjusting the thermostat so that it could stay cool, but not too cold, but we woke up several times during the night to try to adjust it because we were freeeeezzzzing.

Also, something I have to mention is that the curtains are hard to figure out. There is a sheer curtain in the middle, then two heavy curtains on the end of the windows, but the heavy curtains do not close, which we thought was pretty weird. I asked the front desk about the curtains the next day and they said if you look beyond the sheer curtain, there is another curtain that you can close all the way, but its hidden. Why would you do this hotel? For a design aspect? It does not make any sense and it is frustrating for your guest.

So, since we know about the potential problems we had I think we may stay here again if we have to. We usually stay at the Best Western Eden Resort and we have never had a problem, we love it there, but they were sold out the nights we were going to be in Lancaster.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tnmffie
CSLancaster, General Manager at Comfort Suites Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to critic the Comfort Suites Amish Country. The concerns you have about your experience at breakfast is what helps us to improve. We have discussed these issues in a staff meeting and thank-you for your suggestions. John Esbenshade General Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We often say at a Comfort Inn. This is the nicest we have stayed to date. Great room, spacious and clean. Very quiet.Friendly front desk staff. We hated to leave. Had stopped here to spend the night after shopping at the outlets.

This was a great experience !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Chuck1958
CSLancaster, General Manager at Comfort Suites Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for the comments about our large and comfortable beds. We take pride in providing friendly service @ the Comfort Suites Amish Country. Please book with us the next visit to Lancaster. John Esbenshade General Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I just completed a seventeen day road trip through the Amish country in Ohio and on up to the New England states and then down to the Amish country in Pennsylvania. We chose to stay in Choice Hotels. This Comfort Inn and Suites in Lancaster, PA was a wonderful experience. The room was great and we were on the first floor which made it better for a man with a bad knee. The people at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in that area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Levoyd

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay @ Comfort Suites Amish Country. It's a pleasure to know you and your family enjoyed our courteous and friendly staff. Looking forward to serving you in the future during your next visit to Lancaster. John Esbenshade General Manager

Reviewed June 8, 2013

When we arrived in our room, there were two minor maintenance items. When we left to go sightseeing the next morning, I mentioned them at the front desk. When we returned, they had been fixed. This was good, of course, but we wondered if the housekeeping staff might have mentioned it to the front desk without our having to. Other than that, the room was very nice.

There was a little noise from the hall, but then, we were right across from the ice machine.

Breakfast was special, however. The first morning they had hot ham medallions and two kinds of omelets. The second morning they had hot scrambled eggs and sausage. The whole breakfast experience was made memorable by a middle-aged male employee. He helped with the waffles, replenished any item that was running low and suggested items from the buffet.

All things considered, this hotel was an excellent value.

Room Tip: If noise is a problem, try to get a room at the end of the hall, toward the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George F
CSLancaster, General Manager at Comfort Suites Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay @ the Comfort Suites Amish Country. The suggestions you made about the room condition maintenance issue we have discussed and implemented. Glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the variety of our breakfast offerings each day. Hope to serve you in the future. John Esbenshade General Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites Amish Country just for a 1 night stay. The front desk attendant was very helpful at check in and the gentleman at breakfast was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and roomy, the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good also - waffles, bagels, omelets, sausage, pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. We did not stay long enough to see the pool or fitness room. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank brandonsmommy
CSLancaster, General Manager at Comfort Suites Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service and hospitality. The Comfort Suites Team works hard daily to provide all of our guests with the best service, a full breakfast, and a clean and comfortable room. Our breakfast attendant is a one of a kind person and strives to provide each guest with a filling meal. Thank you again for providing us with your positive feedback and we hope to see you at the Comfort Suites Amish Country again in the future. -John Esbenshade, General Manager.