“Would not recommend and would not stay again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Geneva
“Would not recommend and would not stay again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed there for one night and I would really not recommend. There is an awful smell in the room (smells like sprays to kill bugs), the bath tube was really dirty. The blanket on the bed had some stains and the carpet really needs to be replaced.
On top, we had asked for a baby cot when we did the booking and when we arrived they told us they only had one and that it was not available.
On the positive side, the hotel is located quite close from the Tanger outlet which is really excellent for shopping.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank alineduce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We have stayed at this Super 8 in the past and had no problems. However, after reading several recent reviews, we were concerned about whether we'd made a good choice for a one-night stay. But, despite all we read online, our visit was just as good as any other in the past at the Lancaster Super 8

Obviously, if you are looking for an extravagant hotel, Super 8 would not be your choice. But the air conditioner worked beautifully, there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, and the bathroom counter has so much more space than many other hotels, all of which make for a comfortable stay!

My husband and I experienced none of the problems others have mentioned. Our room was clean. In fact, even the walls were a bright creamy white color, almost as though just painted! The bathroom was spotless, as were the sheets. (None of the horrid stains that others spoke of.) Our carpet was also clean, with no stains or smells. Some have said that the staff's service is rude and/or nonexistent. We especially looked to see if this would be so, but were warmly greeted by the desk clerk when we arrived an hour before check-in. She very graciously told us it was no problem to go to our room right then because everything was ready for our stay. When we were packing up the following morning, we could hear a housekeeper in the hallway greeting people with "Have a great day!" When we stepped into the hallway, she said the same to us and asked if our room had been satisfactory, sending us on our way with a friendly smile.

The only concern I had was that there wasn't a Bible in the room, so I asked at the desk when checking out. The clerk seemed surprised, and said that they do indeed place Bibles in their hotel rooms and she would check it out. I told her I knew there always had been in the past, and that maybe someone really needed it and took it with them when leaving. But I was pleased that she didn't belittle my question or look at all surprised by it.

This Super 8 is close to so much of the Lancaster area, and is so reasonable that we were able to spend our money on sites rather than sleeping. We will continue to stay here in the future!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Susan123123
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights. They are one of the few hotels in Lancaster that will let your pet stay with them. Staff was very courteous. Beds were basically comfortable and got a decent night's sleep. Coffee and bagel etc for the a.m. provided by the hotel. The room was pretty clean but the carpet needs replacing or a really good cleaning. Wear sandals! Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TheRhodeIslanders
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Pet friendly! We had a cat and two Guiena pigs, no problem, just $10.00 a day more. Got a room the day before hurricane struck thru petfriendlyhotels, which suprized the front desk crew. The room was CLEAN in every way. NO odors , dead bugs etc. Beds were firm and queen size as advertised. Breakfast was a little sparce but for the money still a good value. We were very happy with our stay and after reading negative reviews wanted to let everyone know our stay was nice.

Room Tip: Bring three way plug adapter to plug in a CPAP or fan etc. as outlets are all full of lights and ref...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew B
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This hotel is DISGUSTING !!! There were BUGS in the room, a large cigarette burn in the bedspread and it smelled of animal urine !!! We were there an hour and decided it was time to go after seeing the bugs !!! When I told the manager I wanted a refund, the owner told me they could give me half back. I TOLD THEM I WANTED A "FULL" REFUND, and the manager said she would give me a full refund to get me out of there. She then called me some nasty names and was very ignorant !!!!! After we left I checked with my credit card company and found out she RECHARGED MY CREDIT CARD. I am now sueing this hotel for FRAUD !!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DISGUSTING, FILTHY, SMELLING HOTEL AND ARROGANT OWNER AND MANAGER !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sunluvr929
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

To avoid the potential impact of Hurricane Irene, we headed West. Upon arrival the person behind the counter was borderline rude, I gave her the benefit of the doubt figuring they were getting inundated with calls for room (I would think that would be a good situation). Getting to the room we had to endure the smell of stale and fresh cigarette smoke. Entering the room we had to endure the smell of an over deodorized room. We had to open a window and leave for a few hours to let the room air out. Absolutely one of the worst places I've stayed and would not recommend this place to you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank David S
Gallatin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Convenient to restaurants, shops and tourist attractions. Our entire room was clean and everything worked. The bed was firm. Has medium-sized refrigerator and coffee maker. NO microwave. Cable. Our remote control had 1 broken button on it. Free wi-fi. Blow-dryer. At times we heard the barks of guest's dogs. The well-stocked breakfast was toast, bagels, english muffins, mini powdered donuts, juice, coffee, cereal. The commonly available washer and clothes dryer both worked fine. Horse manure can be smelled in the air outdoors all over Lancaster including at the hotel. Our second room key never worked.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple