“Great for a special occasion”
Review of Fenz Restaurant

Fenz Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 572 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The restaurant features a contemporary bistro-style menu, formed from the idea that casual dining can be stylish, and that some of our favorite comfort foods can benefit with the remix of contemporary flair. In addition to revised classics, the menu includes small plate "tastes" to share or enjoy with a cocktail. Daily specials from Chef Daniella Ward complete the culinary scenario by offering inspirations of the moment, influenced by the season.
Lancaster, PA
“Great for a special occasion”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went there to celebrate our birthdays. The service was great. Bob makes sure that the servers know what they should do. I had the filet mignon, which was done perfectly, and my husband had the scallops, which he really enjoyed.

PA
“Too Crowded!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Drink prices too high...and to drink at the bar standing....no way. Plus the bartender could not stop talking about himself. When I'm paying for a drink I do not need to know a bartender's life story with out asking!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Traveler_12393
USA
“Hip but not for Hipsters”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Fenz wants to be hip. They market themselves as a latenight destination. In a laid back town like Lancaster PA that's probably something different and unique but might not seem like much to the tourist. Ignore the hipster vibe and dig into the very good menu. The meatloaf and fried pickles were especially good.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank HecktorH
Hilton Head, SC
“Extra Special Again”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I recently return to our home town of Lancaster, PA after a five week trip in Michigan and Wisconsin. Although we ate in some lovely restaurants during our trip, we missed Fenz which we consider by far the best restaurant in Lancaster. Thus, last night we once again enjoyed a fantastic meal at Fenz... seared scallops, steamed mussels, chopped salads and of course drinks from the bar. If your visiting Lancaster, you must put Fenz on your agenda...close to F&M, the Lancaster Theological Seminary and the Barnstormers Stadium...you will not be disappointed in the food and atmosphere. You can even get a casual late night meal at the bar if you don't have time for an early dinner.

1 Thank Bird4Rover
Maryland
“Excellent food and vibe - Get the pickle fries”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We got a last minute Sat night reservation upstairs in the bar at a hightop. The ambiance and energy were great, and I don't mean in a noisy way. Our server was top notch, the appropriate mix of giving us time to review the menu, along with his knowledge and guidance. When the Argentinian chard I selected was not to my liking, he comped it (despite my protestations I'd pay for it), and brought me a wonderful cab sav instead. We started with pickle fries. Served with a chipotle dipping sauce, scrumptiously fantastic, and I don't even like pickles. We split the beet carpaccio salad, with goat cheese, fantastic!! My wife had the scallop app for her meal, very good. I had the meatloaf, served with mac & cheese. Off the charts comfort food! The meatloaf was tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The mac & cheese was made with white cheddar, topped with browned bread crumbs, best I've ever had. We finished up with a local peach pie and decaf. I'm not a big pie fan, but it was good, especially with the vanilla ice cream on the side. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

2 Thank CulinarySnob