“Great Food”
Review of Huckleberry's

Huckleberry's
Ranked #23 of 570 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington,DE
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Wow! This place has the best food ever. I have never tasted flounder with crabmeat like I had there. The sauce on the plate made it the best tasting dish. The chef really needs to be congratulated on an excellent dish.

Virginia
“Don't go!”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We just returned from a visit to Huckleberry's restaurant and can't really recommend it. We were staying at the Fulton Steamboat Inn and the restaurant is in the hotel so we tried it for both dinner and breakfast. Despite being in the hotel, the restaurant doesn't do room service nor does it provide a copy of the menu in the room, so we had to make two trips down to the restaurant so we could eat in the room---one to look at the menu so we could order and one trip to bring the food back so we could eat in our room after a long day traveling. Our dinner experience was beyond disappointing. It took 45 minutes for them to have our order "ready"---and when we went to pick it up, they were missing both the salad and the dessert! When they went back to get the food, the salad looked like someone had taken a handful of lettuce from a prepackaged bag from the grocery store and dumped it into a carryout container. If there was anything in it other than a handful of lettuce, it was sure hard to find. While the cake and potroast were fairly tasty (but lukewarm by the time we sat down to eat), the salad and pasta were not very yummy at all. Also disappointed because, while we ordered at 7 o'clock on a Thursday night, they were already out of their evening special. Really? They do a rush early before 7? No restaurant that I know of would run out of a special before 7 at night.
Foolishly, we went back in the morning, mostly because my daughter wanted to use the pool before we checked out and I thought this would be quicker. The food was okay eating in and our waitress for breakfast (Dee, I think) was prompt and attentive without being intrusive. If I could give her a separate rating from the hostess at dinner, it would have been much higher. My only complaints were that we ordered the all-inclusive breakfast and things that were included on the menu weren't brought (like muffins) and we were charged extra for my daughter's juice, which should have been included. Since we were near the hostess station, I overheard another family coming in for breakfast complaining about similar difficulties so I don't think it was just me.

1 Thank teachermomVirginia
Bay City, Michigan
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were then in the last week in Nov. Decorated for Christmas. Food was very good, & so was the service. It was very busy, but we got seated & served fast. We were just passing through, but if in the area again, I would stop. Recommend

richmond,va
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We also found Huckleberry's on the Lancaster website.
We decided we would go for breakfast.

We arrived and were taken to a table right away. There were plenty of tables available. The hostess said that our waitress would be right over.

We sat and waited for more than 10 minutes. There were 4 waitresses who walked right by us. After another 10 minutes, we got up and left.

On the way out we told the hostess that we were leaving because no one ever came to take our order. She didn't care.

We ended up going down the road to Bob Evan's. Fast, friendly service and the food was excellent!

1 Thank madhatterva
West Virgina
“Worse restaurant ever”
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Found this restaurant on the Lancaster, PA, web site. It was promoted as "fine dining". Made reservations for 5:45 p.m. because we had tickets for the American Music Theater at 7:30. We were told that would allow us time to eat and still make the show.

We arrived at 5:40 and our waitress took our order at 5:55 p.m. My husband ordered the ceasar salad with grilled chicken and our daughter and I order regular entrees which included a side salad. We were brought our side salads around 6:05.

We overheard a couple at the table beside us asking about thier food order and were told there was a backup in the kitchen but it would be out soon. They did get their food but the gentleman complained that some of the food was not fully cooked.

At 6:35 p.m. our waitress brought my husband's salad out with NO chicken. She said she had forgotten to put it on the order and didn't think he would want to wait for it. My husband told her he didn't want it at all -- just take it away!!! She then said the other 2 entrees were coming right up.

We did not wait for it to arrive. After she walked back to the kitchen to supposedly get the remainder of our order --- we walked out! And we will not be going back!

The service was lousy. The wait was unacceptable and not at all what I expected from a "finer" restaurant.

2 Thank woodsgang