“Very good - could be great”
Review of Huckleberry's

Huckleberry's
Ranked #23 of 596 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Today was my daughters birthday and she wanted a new restaurant. Together we spent a good hour on TA looking over reviews. She liked the name of the restaurant but the deal breaker was making sure it had Mac n Cheese. I called to ensure that MnC was available. To the woman who answered the phone, she did forewarn me that it was white cheese.

Anyways, I loved the atmosphere, our server, Bob was awesome. Anyone who can put up with my mom deserves kudos!

First things first, the bday girl hated her MnC. I would say that, that item needs to be reassessed for appeal to children. She was ok though, I ordered a delicious 16oz Delmonico steak and we shared. My son ordered well tasting burger - he was content.

My mother is a hard to please, needy individual and Bob was on point. I need this guy to marry her! She got some chops, plain and enjoyed them. My sister loved her pot pie and her husband devoured his filet mignon. It smelled delish.

Now to the main menu issue, my wife ordered the chicken romano and crab cake combo. It came with a side of tomato bisque. Quite frankly, the bisque was bad tasting, bordering on unedible. Too sweet, way too thick and totally unenjoyable. Her crab cakes were to die for. Moist, flavorful and just mesmerizing. The accompanying poultry though, the romano chicken was quite frankly disgusting. It was nearly the same topping as the tomato bisque. The chicken itself was cooked like it should, but principal topping just made the well cooked chicken and evenly breaded chicken go to waste. I can't recommend enough that the romano be quickly retired. Thankfully the 16oz steak I ordered was able to fill up myself, my bday queen and the Mrs.

Overall, I am thankful for the amazing service and quality of staff, plus live music! We will definitely be coming back because it deserves it so, but some items on the menu leave us with pause.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I love the french toast, pancakes, and the unlimited family style breakfast. The family style breakfast includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, and muffins.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went to Huckleberry's Restaurant in the Fulton Steamboat Inn. The hostess recommended the mushroom ravioli and the pot roast - mainly based on feedback that she had gotten from patrons. I have to tell ya.... if you like mushrooms, the mushroom ravioli is awesome. I was served several good size raviolis, stuffed with different mushrooms in a light brownish cream sauce that had a sweet taste to it. I've never tasted anything like it. The rest of our table ordered the pot roast and they raved about how tender it was. The portions are plenteous, so we all took home "doggie bags"...but then we also wanted to save room for dessert...which was also scrumptious. I had the apple crisp. My cousin from NYC ordered the cannolis... and she said they were terrific, which is saying something. The service was wonderful. I'd go back there again.

1  Thank Cindy E
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was nice how they served our food country/family style!!!!! They put all of our food on one HUGE skillet/tray pancakes, eggs , sausage and bacon and sat it down for my family and I to serve ourselves. When the skillet was empty they refilled it!! Very nice

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Loved it!! Breakfast is awesome. Service was great. Such pleasant people that work there. Will go back again.