“Good Not Gourmet”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Huckleberry's is quaint in design. Service is good. Food is certainly acceptable but not "fine" dining. I ordered Delmonico stead rare and it was medium rare...but I have found that in most places "rare" is the way to order if you want "medium rare." House merlot was good. Spouse's stuffed (crab and shrimp) sole was excellent. Vegetables were done properly...al dente. Salad was good. We were there on a rainy Wednesday night before "the" season starts so while the place was busy it wasn't necessary to have reservation. It would definitely be necessary in season. We also had breakfast here. Too much food. Spouse had eggs sunny with ham and hash brown potatoes. Eggs were excellent, ham was good but not a very big piece and the potatoes were not good. I had scrambled - supposedly two eggs but this had to be more or it was a very large hen! They were just ok. Sausage was salty and again, potatoes were left on my plate. So dinner was a whole lot better than breakfast and when the total for breakfast (with tip) comes to $24 that's too much. We would have done better to go to the diner down the road. Now having said all of that we would go back for dinner and skip breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Huckleberry's

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food closes tooo early in the evenings everyday!!
I however managed to catch the breakfast and it was delicious!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

the ambiance was very nice. kind of made you feel like you were on a river boat. the food is just so-so....kind of glorified diner food. service a little slow, even though it was not overly crowded

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Overall pleasant dining experience. Nice and clean facility, excellent servers, enjoyable entertainment. The food is not fine dining but it is fair. I recommend dining here when they have entertainment.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Walking into Huckleberry's Tavern at the Fulton Steamboat Inn, is like taking a step back into the past in terms of the inviting decor. We love the ambience, excellent food, and consistent service! The tavernkeepers - Steve and David - are simply the best!! They welcome us heartily and openly every time we go there - with is usually once a week! They remember what we like to eat and drink - and they always come over to the table for a minute or two of chatting. This is so refreshing in today's world of mediocre service! One can order from the Tavern Menu or the full dinner menu. Tonight I had the chicken cordon bleu bites - excellent - and the tavern-staple chicken pot pie - a mainstay now for me when I go there. My partner ordered the potroast - he told me it was outstanding. We are from the area but don't dine much around here at all because we have trouble finding places that supply outstanding quality, value, and service! Many times we drive to Baltimore, New York City, or Philadelphia. Believe me you are in for a treat at Huckleberry's Tavern! The food tastes like it is home cooked and many times a server walks from table to table with the most awesome chocolate chip cookies I ever tasted (there is always a stack of them on a plate by the check-in desk. You can usually just walk in and be seated at a table or at the expansive bar. Then you can truly unwind from a busy week by watching sports on the TV's or listening to music from the juke box. David and Steve allow us to choose our pace - and we are very appreciative of that. We LOVE everything about Huckleberry's Tavern - and MOST of all - Steve and David!