“Pumpkin picking”

409 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 669 helpful votes
“Pumpkin picking”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a nice marker. They have fresh fruit and veggies. They also have baled goods for sale. We purchased a $1 ticket for a tracker ride to the pumpkin patch. They had a great selection of pumpkins to choose from. The tractor ride was fun too. All in all we had a nice time. The next time we will go to the barnyard and and go through the corn maze.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Wanda C

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Liability Lawsuit Waiting to happen”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was at the Country Barn Market this past weekend for a Wedding. Although the property is beautiful there are hazards EVERYWHERE!!! old rusty farm equipment with very sharp edges down a covered walk way. They aren't roped off or anything. It only takes one excited kid to run, fall and splt something open or worse. There are no signs on ANY of the doors - was looking for a bathroom and opened up many unlocked closets with junk in them even opened up a door where staff was working because there are no signs on any of the doors. The parking lots need paved, badly!! I heard the owner talking to someone about how they are booked year round for weddings. How are they going to clean parking lots that are gravel? Another lawsuit waiting to happen. I almost tripped just walking on gravel in heels, can't imagine when there is snow and ice!!?? Seems like this owner needs a property manager to get things together. I met some very nice ladies that worked there - but they were only there for the day, never had worked there before. I felt so bad for them, running around with their heads cut off because of the lack of leadership. This place needs some serious organization!!! Could be fantastic, but right now it's just a hazard, I would not recommend!

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Di36
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Expensive. Fun for the kids! Pumkin not included.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

In Pittsburgh there is a place called Trax Farm. It has a reputation for being expensive. A hay ride, tour, and visit to the pumpkin patch are $8 per person. But you get a 3-5 pound pumpkin with that. But then again, they have no animals.

Well, at Country Barn, it's $9.50 or more for adults and $8.50 for kids. My Dad, wife, brother, my three kids ages 5, 3, and 1, and I visited last week. It was $55 for all of us to get in. Now, they do have a terrific petting zoo, lots of animals, pig races, mini-tractor rides, and big hay rides into the pumpkin patch.

On our visit it began to rain as we got onto the hay ride, so we had to get off before we got soaked. The rain stopped for a bit, so we got back on, as the staff aggressively encouraged us to do. HUGE mistake. There is no cover on the hay ride, unlike at Trax Farm. We got all the way out to the middle of the field and the rain started POURING down. Everyone got soaked from head to toe. That was awful. Just awful. They need to stop being so cheap and get a cover on the darned hay ride! Do you think they offered us at least some paper towels or something as we walked back into their store when we returned from the field? No. They just basically ignored us as we walked around drehched waiting for the rain to slow until we returned to our cars.

Getting soaked in a cold, Fall rain storm because these people don't have a cover on their hay ride really ruined this trip for us. Our kids were in love with the animals and they were having a ball...and then came the rain. It has been about a week, and I am still kind of upset at these people for letting that happen to us. My gosh, a simple cover on the wagon would have prevented the whole thing.

Hey County Barn people: Visit the Trax Farm website and take a look at the simple cover they have for their hay ride. Then invest in one, out of consideration for your customers. Don't be so inconsiderate of the people upon whom your business depends!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank PABryce
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Country Barn Market”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We live near this place and I drive by it frequently. I was very disappointed the last time I was in the food market area. Someone came in with two dogs! I asked the lady running the register "how can the bring those dogs in here when there is food around. She said "oh, that's ok they do it all the time". Well they may do it all the time but that doesn't mean I want dog hair on my fruit, bread or anything else I might want to purchase.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Christine H
Meteren, Nederland
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Just a market place”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It is just a market place where you can buy several food items, nothing special. Inside you can also eat something.

Visited September 2012