“Comfortable stay in a lovely location”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our experience with this hotel was fantastic. Our family of 5 stayed in a nautical themed room with a queen and bunk beds. The kids loved the beds, our third child slept on the provided (for a $10 per night fee) air mattress, and the adults found the bed to be very comfortable. Though the room wasn't extremely spacious, it was comfortable enough for us. (We did deflate the mattress each night and the room would probably feel more spacious to a family of 4.) The location was perfect! It was a 3 minute drive to Dutch Wonderland and Tanger outlets, across the street from the Rockvale outlets, situated on a road that led almost directly to the Strasburg Railroad, yet backed to beautiful farmland. The kids enjoyed the pool and playground and the adults appreciated having a restaurant and tavern on site. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again.

1  Thank ReneeD003

Reviewed June 4, 2010

This is a very nice hotel with the flair of a steamboat, and you really feel as if you were cruising along the Mississippi when you enter the lobby. This is also reflected in the guest rooms and the beautiful outdoor area. If you like animals, you will enjoy watching the ducks who think they are part of the property and can be found all over. My friend and I had the pleasure to watch quite a bit of offspring learning and wandering around. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They also have a big playground. You can find some nice souvenirs in the gift shop. The rooms are cozy with a nice flat screen TV. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was the close proximity to a very busy road with some noise, but at night traffic eventually receded.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Conurefan
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the Fulton Steamboat Inn with our children, their spouses and our grandson. We had a great stay. The rooms were spotless and nicely decorated, the pool was clean and enjoyable, the location was terrific, and the staff was very friendly and courteous. Arlene, in the gift shop, was so sweet and friendly. She was so nice to chat with. I have only one disappointment. I felt that the front desk, although very nice, should be more knowledgeable about the area restaurants. They seemed unable to recommend a restaurant or to answer questions that we had. Other than that, when in Lancaster, this is the place to go. We will definately return.

1  Thank Vacation-Duo
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We were looking for a little 3 -4 days getaway for Memorial Weekend with our 4 and 5 year olds. This was the PERFECT hotel for them. The hotel is shaped as a steamboat so my little ones were convinced they were on a boat! it's surrounded by ponds with Koi FIsh and ducks that the kids enjoyed feeding. There is a playground for them to run around while parents can sit in the gazebo. The best features for them was the bunk beds: what a great idea to have bunkbeds in a hotel room and a queen size bed for the parents. The room was on the small size but comfortable, with a fridge ,a microwave and a table so the kids could snack indoors and have some fresh milk and cookies. THe pool is nice, indoor, small but not a lot of people. the kids loved it. After the pool, they ran into the lobby where everyday a plate of warm cookies and lemonade was waiting for them.
There is a restaurant so you can eat and have breakfast or dinner right on site, and also a bar , "THe huckleberry tavern" so parents, you can also go have a drink to relax!
The service was amazing. STaff at the front desk were really nice, gave little hats for the children, we were able to get in our room at 11 am! the manager emailed me before my stay and afterwards for feedback. I was quite surprised!

lastly, the location was perfect. The outlets are across the street, Dutch Wonderland is just around the corner and Hershey Parks/chocolate world is a mere 30 minutes away.
Kids also enjoyed the Strasburg Railroad with the old trains.

So to conclude: Lancaster is a great local weekend getaway for a Family with kids and the place to stay is the Fulton SteamBoat ! highly recommended.

1  Thank mackzoli
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This place is beautiflul and very clean. When we checked in the staff was great , very friendly and helpful with directions. Many places close by to eat as well as their own restaurant and tavern, which we must say the bartender Dave was great, so friendly and kind. We would highly recommend this place and can't wait to visit them again.

1  Thank share3
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two nights over Memorial Day. I had been so looking forward to this hotel - it had such great reviews and just looked really unique and fun. We were greeted by a sign saying "enjoy our complimentary fresh-baked cookies" next to an empty tray and an empty water pitcher - not a great start. Our room was on the sun deck and was large and clean. The balcony was a bit disappointing as it was a small enclosed space on the roof so the view off of it was of a puddle on asphalt. The worst part though, and the reason I will not return to this hotel, was the restaurant. We were seated promptly and ordered drinks which did not come. Asking after the drinks got a rushed "the bartender is making them right now." We ordered sarsparilla - not anything fancy or mixed. We ate our appetizer and began the wait for our entrees - pasta. After ten minutes we were told "the kitchen ran out of pasta and they have to make more." Meanwhile we sat for another twenty minutes with empty drink glasses and dirty plates in front of us. I think the waitress was embarrased about the delay and avoiding us. Eventually my husband flagged down a gentleman with the nametag "assistant manager" who told us the pasta was on its way. Fifteen more minutes went by and it finally arrived - we asked to get the bill as we were late to meet up with friends. The bill didn't come. We finally estimated the total and left cash on the table so we could go. It was the worst service I have ever experienced in a restaurant. I understand that things happen - but I don't see an excuse for leaving us alone for so long with empty drinks and dirty plates. I am sad that I have to write this because I really wanted to love this hotel and the restaurant.

2  Thank Esmeralda211
RobFulton1229, General Manager at Fulton Steamboat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Dear Valued Steamboat Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Fulton Steamboat Inn. Our efforts are directed towards providing the highest level of guest services, hospitality, and comfort to all of our guests aboard the Fulton Steamboat Inn.

I sincerely apologize that we uncharacteristically did not provide you with a positive experience during your recent encounter with us, particularly in Huckleberry’s Restaurant. I would like to assure you this occurrence is very uncharacteristic of our team, and I am confident that we will resolve all underlying concerns immediately.

I thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your comments. Achieving exceptional hospitality is accomplished through the utilization of the observations and remarks of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Fulton Steamboat Inn again in the future, and I thank you for your understanding during your recent experiences.

Best Regards,

Peter J. Chiccarine
Fulton Steamboat Inn

Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband and I have been coming to this hotel for a number of years, and enjoy it even more now with the change in ownership. The General Manager, Peter Chiccarine, is always visible around the hotel and is caring and helpful as well. The personnel at the reservation desk and Crystal are always willing to be of help whenever they can.

From the very lovely, comfortable rooms of the hotel to its charming restaurant and its ambiance, this is our favorite hotel. We come here twice a year and stay for a number of nights. It's close to all shopping as well as a number of restaurants.

This August, our son and his family are coming here for the first time and I'm sure they'll love it!

1  Thank 1946NewYork