“Stay Here. You Won't Regret It!”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Stay Here. You Won't Regret It!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

After booking another place down the road for our romantic weekend together, my girlfriend convinced me to cancel it and book this place instead, because she liked the way it looked and the reviews it got online. This was one of the best calls she's ever made. Everything about this place was top notch, and if you're a history lover like me, you'll love the ambience of being on a 19th century steamboat with Victorian furnishings (I felt at times like we were on the Titanic!) The restaurant and tavern were both awesome for breakfast and dinner. (Sign up for the Captain's Club on the website ahead of time to receive 10% off your stay and 15% off food!) The staff was very accommodating, especially Marsey at the front desk. Pool and hot tub were nice, too. I highly recommend this place, and I know for a fact that we will be back in the future. (On a side note, take any "terrible" review of this place and any other place with a grain of salt. Most of the people writing them don't even know how to spell or use proper English.)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mjenisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway in lancaster. We are SO happy we stayed here, and we absolutely love it!!! It's impeccably clean, ornately decorated (they take the steamboat theme very seriously - it's wonderful and unique), and the food is exquisite!!! Furthermore, ALL the staff members were so friendly and went out of their ways to ensure we were comfortable and taken care of. Shout outs Marsey at the front desk, who went above and beyond to help us get a dinner reservation and meet our needs, Marie at the restaurant, and Matt at the tavern. We also had time to check out the pool and hot tub - both great!!! We will absolutely 100% be returning here on our next trip - we can't wait!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shelleybelly103
Delaware
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I were attending a Foreigner concert over at the American Music Theatre. We had passed this hotel many times and always wondered if it was any good, so I booked a night there. We were both pleasantly surprised, as you really kind of feel like you are on a steamboat. The rooms are nicely done and we both enjoyed a drink at the bar before the concert. The pool apparently stays open until midnight with adult swim from 10-midnight. We wanted to try it, but didn't get a chance.

I would definitely stay here again, but there were a few minor downsides. The door to the hall must be paper-thin, as we kept getting awakened by just about anyone who walked down the hall. The mattresses were also a bit too hard for my wife's taste, but I was fine.

Room Tip: Maybe find a room that doesn't open up to a main hallway to the front desk or is otherwise less...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DECruiser
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I look forward to stay here every time we travel. Can't wait to go back down for another weekend of unforgettable fun and entertainment. I actually got engaged in one of there suites on New Years and I thought it was the best place to do it and she said yes!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Cshaw12
JosephChiccarine, General Manager at Fulton Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experiences Aboard Lancaster County’s Most Unique Full Service Hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations with us, and look forward to welcoming you and your future wife aboard again in the near future!

On behalf of the crew here at the Fulton Steamboat Inn, we would like to congratulate you on your recent engagement! We are thrilled that we were your choice destination for such a special occasion!

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you aboard again in the near future and best wishes!

Kind Regards,

Joseph A. Chiccarine
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Turnersville, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Consistency. The byword for FSI. Consistently incredibly welcoming, consistently incredibly clean, consistently good hospitality, food and ambience. This is my fifth review of one of my favorite travel destinations. FSI has never let me down as a tranquil getaway in historic Lancaster. I echo everything great that has been said about this Inn and can only hope that they maintain their excellence!

Room Tip: Remember to add to your romantic getaway by securing a third floor room. Wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dasco_13
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the ice storm. We were out of power and looking for a nice place to stay. The Marriott chains in town were $150/night but this place was $80/ night and having stayed here before, we decided to try it. Great choice. I would not say that this is a luxury hotel, but it is so great for a family. The rooms were very clean and had nice toiletries. Towels were fluffy and beds clean and comfortable. Again, not luxury but very nice.
The pool area is well decorated and it is a kidney shaped pool and my son loved it. Also, very big hot tub in an ice storm was great.
The restaurant was probably my favorite. Excellent home made food, with superb service.
There were a few issues, such as some issues with check in. Not sure what the problem was, but there was some tension with the manager and the front desk. We waited a while, but they apologized and the rest of the trip was fine.
I would also prefer duvet covers over the bedspreads, although they were extremely clean, I just prefer that in a hotel bed.
I also noted that the gift shop sold bottled water for 25 cents, which was really appreciated. It is nice not to be overcharged by a hotel.
Highly recommend, especially in the summer combined with a trip to Dutch wonderland. The hotel has a nice lake and play set that we could not use this time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank angelambudd
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fulton Steamboat for 3 days and 2 nights for a Christian Marriage Retreat along with 6 other couples on February 6, 2014 - February 8, 2014 and we had a very relaxing stay while there. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful to us as a couple and as a group. My husband loved that he was able to get a cup of coffee in the lobby while I checked us in. The room was nice with plenty of room to spread out and there was also a microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker and blue ray DVD player in the room. Part of our package was 2 breakfasts and a dinner that was served family style and the food was good, plentiful and filling. My husband and I ate appetizers for lunch one day and what we ordered was very tasty and big enough for us to share. I also ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri and the server refilled my glass with the daiquiri that was left over. We definitely are lookinf forward to returning.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor right in front of the elevator and around the corner from the ice make...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends