“Chose this hotel based on TA reviews, mistake!!!”

Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at the Fulton based on reviews from others that this was the second rated hotel in Lancaster. I'm sorry but I'm not sure where the rest of you stayed but I found the hotel to be just barely OK. For $180, I thought the value was just not there as far as the room size, the overall ambiance etc. Now, I must give a shout out to David in the bar area for outstanding service and to our lovely waitress on Sunday morning that also gave exceptional service along with agreeing to take a few pictures for us. Much appreciated miss!!
I would search around and try somewhere else before staying here again. There's nothing exceptional about the Fulton, sorry.

Room Tip: I don't think that any room would have anything special about it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrebsterMT
JosephChiccarine, General Manager at Fulton Steamboat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Steamboat Passenger,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent experience with us at the Fulton Steamboat Inn, Lancaster County’s Most Unique Full Service Hotel. We appreciate your recognition of David, and all our team members for the friendly, personalized service you received during your time with us. It is our service, in addition to the many amenities we provide at the Fulton, that truly distinguishes us from other hotels in the area.

The Fulton provides our guests with an opportunity to enjoy the 19th century charm of Lancaster County while experiencing the same style and dedication to comfort & style that made legendary riverboats famous. Our Nautical and Victorian themed accommodations offer an array of full service amenities to provide comfort, and convenience to our guests while visiting beautiful Lancaster County.

We would certainly love to hear how we can improve our accommodations for future visitors of Lancaster County. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you again for sharing your recent experiences!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel caters to families with a pirate ship playground, but offers adults lovely grounds w/man made lake, koi, ducks, indoor pool and hot tub. The third floor is adults only w/gym and private sitting area. Rooms were recently rennovated and bathroom has shower/tub combo w/whirlpool jets and deep enough for soaking. Antique/replica Victorian era furnishings, gift shop, small business center, bar w/tables, and full service restaurant. Food was delicious and upscale, so much so that non-guests came to dine in the restaurant. Room was spotless. Only minor negative is that pool is small and hot tub is in same area, so not relaxing when kids are swimming.

Room Tip: If you don't have kids stay on third floor and enjoy a private balcony. Pool is at the end of t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank go2rb
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here for our first family vacation. My daughter is 2. The room was very clean which is saying a lot coming from me because I'm super anal about being clean. Big plus in my book! The staff was very friendly and attentive. My daughter loved the playground! The only negatives for me is that the pool was on the small side so we didn't have an opportunity to use it because there were way too many people in it. I referred to it as "people soup" since I could see the pool from our room. It was way too crowded to have my small child in it and be safe. People were literally just standing in it and older children were diving despite the signage denoting, "no diving". Another negative for me was the extremely small fitness center which housed only 2 treadmills and a few bicycles. Last negative, my family and I took the stairs a lot to get to our room and the stairwell was extremely malodorous. Odor smelled like very strong body odor. Also, outside, strong cow poop smell since there are cows nearby. Despite these negatives, I would definitely stay here again and give this establishment an "A". It was very comfortable and cozy and we enjoyed it a lot!

Room Tip: Our room was one floor above the pool so it got noisy as people were making there way down the stair...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Fulton Steamboat while on vacation in Lancaster, PA. When we pulled up, my 4yr old daughter's excitement was seen in her eyes. First, the chance to sleep on a boat, or what looks like one, and second, the adorable pirate playground and duck pond. Entering the hotel, the lobby has cookies and pink lemonade for all their guests in the afternoon and every morning they offer coffee as well. The staff is very nice, welcoming and very helpful. The hotel itself is very clean, the rooms are comfortable and nicely sized for a family of four. Each room has a microwave, refrigerator and DVD player. The front desk also rents out DVD's for kids and adults. The other guests seem to be families and couples who are looking for a great hotel without the screaming kids running up and down the hall. The top floor is for adults and children, I believe, older than 16. There is also a Dunkin Donuts at the gas station behind the hotel.
The only downside I could find is that there are not many drawers as I like to unpack my bags, the pool is on the small side and the restaurant food was not to my liking. I did only have breakfast though.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone vacationing in Lancaster.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tdelmar1001
JosephChiccarine, General Manager at Fulton Steamboat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Steamboat Passenger,

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay Aboard The Fulton Steamboat Inn! It is always good to see the look of excitement on our Jr. First Mates faces when they arrive.

We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our Blu-Ray Player and DVD Library. It is nice to relax to a movie after a long day out in Lancaster County.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great place to stay. Restaurant was very good. They do have a limited menu but it is very good. Service was exceptional. Our waitress Nicole was great very attentive. From the minute you check in you fell like family..I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you are a couple stay on third floor. Very quite and beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed August 17, 2013

we had another wonderful time at the steamboat Inn took my daughter-in-law and grandson in july the playground is so nice for children and he loved feeding the ducks, you can just sit out there all day and look at the beautiful grounds, crystal and everyone at the front desk are so nice and helpful and dave the bartender the best let alone the food out of this world, and the rooms and beds the best around been coming up here 18 years and would never stay anyplace else. had such a great time going back next month in September see everyone again always a great stay at the steamboat inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sali109
JosephChiccarine, General Manager at Fulton Steamboat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Steamboat Passenger,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for sharing your comments with our future passengers!

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was great. Clean nice towels, comfy beds, well kept. We didn't find out till we left but kids can get a fish from gift shop to sleep with them. So cool. They really pay attention to details to make your stay great. Pool was a little small but my kids loved it and the park. Music was a nice touch too. Great two night stay. Close to lots of shopping and dutch wonderland.

• Stayed: August 2013