“Still Love It”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband surprised me with a little getaway for my birthday, and knowing that I enjoyed the Fulton Steamboat Inn in the past, he booked our overnight here (I reviewed it once back in 2009). While I was less than thrilled with the location of our room (right off the lobby), it was only for one night so I didn't argue. I was afraid that it would be noisy, but it wasn't. We had other plans for the evening, so we didn't get to enjoy either the bar, restaurant or pool this time around. (Though I recall the we definitely enjoyed both the restaurant and bar in the past). We did take a rather brisk and chilly walk around the inn, and my husband fed the ducks. We also made purchases in the gift shop and had a nice chat with the woman who worked there. There are even goldfish to borrow for one's room. The room was a good size for the two of us, nice and clean, and the bed was comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Top floor is a great location for anyone over 16. The rooms have a balcony area which is most enjoya...
3  Thank cherylpd1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We spent three days at this hotel while visiting Lancaster. It was a fantastic experience. Staff are helpful and friendly. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. I especially loved the whirlpool and pool area. Wish this inn was in my country so I could stat there again.

6  Thank Iwantadifferentname
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was a Great location to sight and sound and other good attractions. the rooms was clean and the bed was awesome..I just loved it... And the restaurant in the hotel was Delicious! I like the decor of the hotel they did a wonderful job with making it look and feel like a steamboat with beautiful fish surrounding the front entrance!!! The pool and jacuzzi was great and I would definitely return to this Hotel and recommend it!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mrssanchez31
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I were impressed with the clean steamboat look, excellent service, impressive dining room next to hotel lobby, relaxing atmosphere, good food, reasonable prices and everything was absolutely clean with a new look. We will return.

Room Tip: Can't miss the steamboat near major intersection and next to Hess Gas which incidentially has lo...
2  Thank SeniorTraveller68
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I usually always stay at the Steamboat when we go to Lancaster. Crystal is always extremely helpful in making our stay there very pleasant. It is very clean, the restaurant is very nice...food is very good. The front desk is superb. The atmosphere makes you feel like you are at home. We will continue to stay there in the future...Thank You Crystal!

The Coffins

Room Tip: The third floor is an "adults" only floor!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathie C
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in the sun deck king room for one night.We had a very nice stay and will be back to this hotel. If there would be one negative comment I would make it would be about the pillows.They need to upgrade to big and better pillows.No big deal though next time I will just bring my pillows from home. I must also add that Dave the bartender in the Tavern is the best!! He is very helpfull and nice to talk to....We can't wait to come back

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank wkulp
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We loved the attention to detail at this hotel. Duck pond with walking path, food for the ducks, picnic gazebo and fire pit. Koi pond at the back of the hotel. Ship - themed playground (even enjoyed in March). Really warm swimming pool, great hot tub. Gift shop, restaurant, computer / local brochures room. Goldfish can be "borrowed" for free from the gift shop so that the kids can have a pet in the room during their stay. Chocolate chip cookies and lemonade upon arrival. King / bunk combination of beds in the room. Very quick response to service request for our TV. Exercise room (2 treadmills, 2 bikes, TV, water), games room. Family style breakfast was more than sufficient - three-level serving plate loaded with sausages, hash browns, bacon, pancakes, muffins (our family of four couldn't finish it). Service was great throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Our king / bunk room just two rooms down from the pool was perfect for our young family.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family