“beautiful hotel”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed January 9, 2008

This is a lovely hotel. The exterior design is unique, resembling a steamboat,but the inside is absolutely beautiful. It has an old fashioned victorian look making it feel very homey. The rooms were large, decorated nicely, and exceptionally clean. I can't wait to return. Would definately recommend this establishment. There is an indoor pool in a glass atrium, a nice playground for children and a pond with ducks that will eat feed out of your hands.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank jodster64
Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed January 7, 2008

We've stayed at the Steamboat several times and never had any problems. I love the idea of the bunk beds and so do the kids. Staff members have always been pleasant. The restaurant is nice and the food excellent. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise2060
Reviewed December 26, 2007

This was the second time we stayed at the Steamboat. The first time we went with our son and stayed on the third floor. The room was perfect. He had his own space with the pull out couch to sleep on and we had our own space with our bed.

The second time we stayed for one night and we took our grandson with us too.

Both boys loved the pool,. they didn't want to leave.

We go to Lancaster at least two times a year and we will be staying at the Steamboat again. Its location is perfect for all attractions.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NewJerseyRobin
Reviewed December 24, 2007

If you are planing a stay in Lancaster PA you will love your stay at the Fulton Steamboat Inn .Very clean great location. The price is right.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 21, 2007

My husband and I just spent a night at the Fulton Streamboat Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is centrally located and the staff were welcoming and friendly. The weather was terrible but from the window of the diningroom, we watched horses and buggys travel with excited Holiday Shoppers. We promised each other that we would return soon.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Just wanted to let you know that this was my first trip to the Lancaster, PA area and I stayed at theSteamboat. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are very clean & comfortable. The staff at the steamboat was very nice & helpful. I would recommend staying here to anyone. Can't wait until I come back to the area, I will definately be staying at the Fulton Steamboat.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2007

My mother asked to go to this hotel on her birthday and quite frankly I was highly doubtful that I would enjoy my stay. I was pleasantly surprised by a very small but charming hotel with a very friendly staff and excellent restaurant. The decor is a tad too fussy for my taste (my mother loved it) but nothing was shabby or dirty--everything was still in good condition and very clean.

As for attractions nearby--The outlet shopping nearby was excellent (way too excellent for my poor bank account) and we also took in a Sight and Sounds show that was also extremely enjoyable. We also hit some of the other "touristy" things and just found the area to be very nice and the people helpful and pleasant.

All in all the hotel and the area are on my list to do again because of the great experience I had. I should also mention--I work for a travel agency and would recommend this hotel and area to anyone for a relaxing little getaway.

• Stayed: December 2007