“"Mother and Daughter Getaway"”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Have stayed at Inn several times for girls shopping weekend at the outlets, which by the way, are directly across the street. Have some health issues and daughter needed a break, so I chose to just head up for a relaxing, do nothing 3 day getaway. Approximately an hr. drive from Philly, so very convenient. Only went out once, to go to a bakery for some apple butter, cheese bread and a few other items. We ate all of our meals in the hotel and the food is phenomenal, and reasonably priced. Staff could not be more accomodating. My daughter will be returning in the Spring with her family. Boys are 4 and 5.There is an indoor pool, game room, a really cute playground, gazebos, Koi Pond and lots of ground to explore. Across the street is a mini golf, and down the road is Dutch Wonderland. So if you go with kids, friends, or family, there is something for everyone. And like I said, we only went out once. Have a tavern and nice gift shop. Great time can be had by all. Oh and at night, when the outside is all lit up, it gives you an exciting feeling...and I'm 57!!!

Room Tip: For children they have rooms with Queen bed, and bunks. Daughter and I had a queen, so we had a sofa...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane113
Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about our stay here. The goodness started with the extremely helpful and accommodating front desk staff who took the time to explain everything we needed to know about the hotel, including providing the kids with wooden tokens they could trade in for food to feed the ducks that surround the hotel. The complimentary chocolate chip cookies didn't hurt either. Our rooms were neat and clean, and showed no signs of wear. We were fortunate to be close to the pool area, which is also wonderful. Dinner was at the restaurant, Huckleberrys, which is part of the hotel. Huckleberrys food is definitely a cut above standard hotel restaurant fare, and our waiter Bob was pleasant and helpful. We sampled both dinner and breakfast and both were equally good. After a day of shopping at the outlets, the kids and I enjoyed the pool. The hot tub was a joy after being on my feet all day. We have stayed at several other hotels in the area, and none compare to the effort expended by the staff here. Every single employee, including the front desk staff, restaurant staff, housekeeping, gift shop staff and maintenance went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. This will not be my last stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the hallway leading to the pool area are very convenient if you have kids who will be u...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Had a very nice time at the Fulton. Was there only for one night but the room was beautiful and very large. This was our third or fourth stay at the hotel. And we always enjoy staying at the Fulton. The food in the restaurant was very good and everyone at the desk, the gift shop and in the restaurant were very nice. Have recommended Fulton to others and they have enjoyed it also.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is a bit more expensive but worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie B
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in the area and this is A+ compared to my previous stays. I will definetly stay here again. It is close to the theaters, shopping and restaurants and QUILT SHOPS. Rooms were clean, spacious and a joy to sleep in. Great surroundings.

Room Tip: The queen size beds were the right size for my family. Were nice and cozpy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Veda M
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife, myself, sister and brother-in-law go up to the Steamboat and stay there 3 or 4 times ( and sometimes more) a year. The person I normally deal with is Crystal. She is fantastic. Always pleasant, polite, and willing to go out of her way to do anything to make our stay great.
The hotel is wonderful and has all you need to have a wonderful stay. The rooms are always clean, the food in the restaurant is very good and the lounge is very reasonable. We enjoy the adult only 3rd floor with the sitting area at the end of the hall. I would recomend this hotel for anyone!!!!

Mike & Sue McNeely

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2012

What an exceptional experience, from the time we checked in until we had breakfast the next morning. I can't say enough good things about our stay. If the employees were any friendlier they would have to be family. After the show at AMT we checked in and started with a few drinks at the bar, then dinner at Huckleberry's. Our stay was on a stormy night but we had a very enjoyable time at the indoor pool and hot tub. Pool area is adults only from 10pm to midnight. The room! We stayed on the Sun Deck, the third floor, which is adults only. Several times a year I try to surprise my wife with a quick get away, usually in a suite at a large hotel. Some places you can only imagine. When she opened the door to our room at the Steamboat she was amazed. Beautifully victorian decorated room, four posted king bed, flat screen on the wall hanging over the fireplace. What a romantic room. (Microwave and frig in large closet) Bathroom, beautiful and clean. To add a short note, on our way to the pool, we walked down a hall on the first floor and did hear children "at play". So I suggest the Sundeck if adults only. Breakfast the next morning at Huckleberry's, eggwhite omlete for her, real food for me, more than we could eat, just as dinner the night before. Sitting here thinking of going back when we get our twins back off to college. I, We, highly recommend the Steamboat.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillC49
Reviewed January 15, 2012

It was our daughter's birthday this weekend and this is where she wanted to go!! Kingsize with bunkbeds is so cool for little ones. Indoor pool is great! A fun family stay!!

• Stayed: January 2012