“Christmas Shopping "Go To" Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at the Hilton Garden Inn while we were doing our Christmas Shopping in nearby Lancaster, PA ! It is convenient to so many shops and restaurants. After a log day and night shopping it was nice to come back to a comfortable cozy room with a lobby all bright and shiny and decorated for the holidays! The cleanliness level of this establishment cannot be beat. It is so well kept and inviting for the traveler, shopper, tourist no matter what the season. Glad we booked it as our "Go To" Hotel!

Room Tip: We loved the corner rooms and different views into the courtyards..very different.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kabulkathy
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. We know you have many choices when traveling and we want you to know we appreciate you as our loyal guest. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hotel is in a good location off the highway. However, when I checked into my non-smoking room, it smelled like cigarette smoke. I couldn't change rooms as I needed to be next to a family who had already checked in.

I called to complain about the smoke. When I had stepped out of the room, they came and sprayed air freshener which made it worse. It was hard to breathe.

Carpet was stained. Heater was dated. Corners were dusty and linens were old and dirty.

The pool area needed to renovation as their was an cone in the middle of the floor where a tile was missing.

However, the gym was small, but good. Breakfast buffet for $9.99 is a great deal and the employees were kind.

If you look at my other reviews, you will see that I rarely give poor ratings.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster. I am sorry we did not meet all of your expectations.

I would like to apologize for the room not being up to your standards. In regards to the smell of cigarette smoke, we are going completely smoke free on December 16, 2013. We are very excited for the change so we can better accommodate our guests. We are also beginning room renovations in January 2014 in all our guest room! We are excited to provide our guests with a new and modern guest room. During the renovation we are also completely redoing our indoor pool area to address issues such as tile work.

As you can see we are in the midst of a complete over-haul. I hope you will give us the chance to serve you again to show you how amazing our property truly is.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

sosborne@horstrealty.com

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We recently spent the weekend and had a WONDERFUL stay!! When we checked in with (Rick) he made us feel welcomed, as we always do at your property. It was great to see some of your longtime staff members, Patrick, Michelle, Janeen, who always make us feel welcome as well. Breakfast was EXCELLENT with (Mark), who greeted us with excitement about cooking made to order breakfast for us. The Hotel is always very clean! Our family in the other room loved the indoor pool. Keep up the GREAT WORK! with your team!!

Scott and Sandy

1  Thank scott m

Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community! I am glad to hear that each staff member was engaging during your stay! I will be sure to pass along all the wonderful comments to the team members you have mentioned.

I also want to thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster for your accommodations. I know you have many choices when traveling to Lancaster and we want you to know we appreciate your business and loyalty!

If I can be of further assistance in any way please, contact me directly at anytime.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lancaster in early November. The room was very clean and quiet and the staff was extremely friendly. My only qualm was that I kept getting lost trying to find my second floor room. Perhaps they can put up better signage

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard T
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff throughout the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon. If you ever need assistance making arrangements for future stays or if I can be of further assistance in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

the staff is wonderful and the hotel has been beautifully renovated. Very clean rooms, great breakfast and very convenient bar. The front desk helped us upgrade our room and the manager came out to ensure we received the upgrade.

1  Thank Lpcplp
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff throughout the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon. If there is anything I can do to further assist you please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel was nice and was ready early for us. The front desk was very nice when we checked in. Was accomodating with our late check out request. Booked the package that was too include breakfast but didnt realize that my breakfast wasnt included until after I ate. Went to front desk and was told that there was nothing that could be done. I guess I can chalk it up to not following up with every detail of my stay. Overall not bad hotel for what we needed it for.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sshultz110

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear everything went well during your stay.

To ensure you are getting the correct rate and package deal, please be sure to review your reservation with the Guest Service Agent who is checking you in if it has not been done already.
I am sorry there was confusion on your reservation and the package that you booked.

We hope you'll be able to join us for a visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This Inn is located in a nice area. No need to worry about your car. No riff raff in the area. You couldn't ask for a nicer room. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning people are eager to help you in any way they can. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James S
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Guest safety is always a major priority for the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn and I am glad you found our facilities safe and comfortable!

Guest Services